With rising cases of insecurity, home break-in, burglary and unauthorized entry into homes, offices, schools, business premise and other places, people are always looking at the best security systems. They want solutions that will not only deter the intruder, burglar or robber but are also effective and reliable.
The means that some systems, although effective, won’t count because they are too damaging, inconveniencing, or require the user to leave his/her comfort zone. The automatic gate opener has become synonymous with efficient and safe opening and closing of gates. In fact, it’s among the most searched for items. The following are the best options in the market.
List of Best Automatic Gate Openers in 2019
#9 ALEKO AR1400NOR Residential Commercial Automatic Sliding Gate Opener
You don’t have to get out of your car to open the gate. With the ALEKO AR1400NOR opener, you simply press a button on the remote, and the gate opens. It opens faster than most in its class, and this improves the security. The unit works with different gate types and is ideal for both residential and commercial applications.
It measures 156 x 7 x 6 inches and doesn’t take too much space. And considering it weighs less than 20 pounds, it won’t exert undue pressure/strain on the gate. Installing the unit is easy and doesn’t take a lot of time. You also don’t need to be an expertly to do it.
#8 E8 400MM Stainless Automatic Gate Opener for Gates up to 13 Feet Long and 600 Pounds
The E8 400MM is suitable for residential, commercial and industrial applications. The stainless steel made piece works with gates as long as 13 feet and can handle a maximum weight of up to 600 pounds. The unit features a Screw Driven mechanism that opens fast and smoothly.
This allows you to get in or out of your compound with ease and reduce exposure to attacks. The automatic opener runs via AC or DC power and comes with a battery backup just in case there is power interruption or outage. And if the remote fails to work, you can still open it with manual release keys. The automatic opener is compatible with solar power systems.
#7 8 Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener Light Duty Single Swing Gates Up to 12 Feet
By: Mighty Mule
The Mighty Mule’s gate opener will allow your gate to open and close automatically with minimal ease. Simply push the button and wait for a short time. It comes in a newly improve d design which is more effective than the earlier types and works with a variety of gates. The item is designed for swing type gates and is easy to install.
You only need to follow the instruction that comes with the package. Although it is lightweight, the device can handle gets as long as 12 feet and as heavy as 300 pounds. It is powered by a 12 Volt Marine or Automotive battery and can also be connected to solar power.
#6 Mighty Mule MM360 Automatic Gate Opener for Medium Duty Single Swing Gates for 16′
By: Mighty Mule
The MM360 automatic gate opener from Mighty Mule is what you need to improve the security in your office, home, and other places. The simple unit is made using sturdy materials and can safely bear gates that are as heavy as 550 pounds. It is fit for gates up to 16 feet long and works best with Swing gates.
The exclusive Dual Sense Technology improves functionality and can be used with wood, vinyl, panel, ornamental, tube, and chain link gates. The black-colored opener runs via 12 –volt DC battery and the included DVD will help you in the installation process.
#5 Mighty Mule EZGO-SOLAR Gate Opener Solar Kit
By: Mighty Mule
The E-Z Gate kit combines safety, reliability, efficiency, and longevity. It comes with an automatic gate opener package, 2 remotes, and 1 5-watt solar panel. The Mighty Mule’s E-Z accessory is designed for swing gates and is compatible with different types.
It installs easily and quickly using basic tools and comes with an interactive DVD for easy installation. The opener can handle gates as long as 16 feet and weigh up to 550punds. To operate it, you require a 12V Marine or Automotive battery. And to keep the cost of power on a minimum, you can connect it to solar power.
#4 Ghost Controls TDS2 Heavy-Duty Solar Dual Automatic Gate Opener Kit, Swing Gates
By: GHOST CONTROLS
This gate control automatically opens swing gates weighing up to 300 pounds. It has a simple design which makes fitting and operating easy and user-friendly. The Ghost Controls TDS2XP is among the heavy-duty products but is ideal for tubular types of gates. It runs via 12V DC and works best with gates with a maximum length of 20 feet.
You can fit it on chain link, ornamental, plantation style and other types of gates. The word from consumers is that it’s very silent and the operation is very smooth. The frame is also resistant to rust and doesn’t require frequent maintenance.
#3 E8 400MM Stainless Automatic Gate Opener for Gates up to 26 Feet Long and 1200 Pounds
Opening and closing your swing gate is stress-free and convenient if you use the right gate opener. An excellent choice is the 400MM opener from E8. It features a strong steel arm that can be easily fixed on most gates whether vinyl, chain link, wood, metal or any other material.
It supports up to 1200 pounds and opens and closes smoothly and effortlessly courtesy of the superior Screw Driven mechanism. The 2 leafs cover up to 26 feet and the unit rims via AC/DC power. In case of a power outage, you can open it manually using the release keys or hook it up to the backup power. The unit can also operate with solar power.
#2 OrangeA Sliding Gate Opener for Gates Up to 1400Lbs Gate Opener with 2 Remote Controls
If you own a sliding gate and would like to open and close it more effectively, then you should install this automatic gate opener. The OrangeA unit comprises sturdy steel construction and works with different kinds of gates. It is ideal for a gate weighing a maximum of 1400 pounds and is powered via 110V AC, 60Hz. The powerful 200-watt motor moves the gate at an impressive speed of 43 feet per minute.
It moves effortlessly and doesn’t produce lots of noise or vibration. The remote control is very responsive and has a range of up to 100 feet which makes it fit for residential, commercial, and industrial use. The remote has 4 control options including open, stop, and close. And like other gate openers, it is easy to install, operate, and requires minimal maintenance.
#1 CO-Z Automatic Sliding Gate Opener Hardware Sliding Driveway Security Kit
The CO-Z Automatic Sliding Gate Opener is one of the advanced units on the market. It uses RF Hopping Code Technology to prevent interference or interception of the remote signal. The stainless steel opener is strong and supports gates weighing up to 1400 pounds. It’s designed for sliding gates that measure up to 40 feet long and comes with 4-button remote control.
Some of the functions are open, close, and stop. It also has an auto-close option which gives you a 12, 24, 36-second option when opening or closing. It takes a short time to fit the gadget to the gate, and you can use up to 23 different remotes to control the gate.
Common Types Of Automatic Gate Openers
When talking about automatic openers for gates, we refer to a wide array of products. Some open via an electromechanical system while others use a hydraulic system. And although they serve the same purpose, they may look very different, and each will feature unique advantages and disadvantages. The most common types are as follows:
- Automatic Swing Gate Opener: This type has been on the market for quite some time and is very common. It’s fit for doors or gates that open inwards or outwards. It features a swinging arm that attaches to the door and frame and will extend outwards or retract inwards to operate a gate. Some are very basic and easy to install while others are a little complex and have extra safety and security features.
- Automatic Sliding Gate Opener: This is the most current in the market and among the simplest to operate. They work with gates that slide on a rail and are suited for different gate types including driveway and fence gates. It has a remote control for easy operation and increased security. For better performance and security, the accessory comes with extra safety features.
- Automatic Dual Gate Opener: They are also common and used in homes, offices, businesses, schools and other places. The kit comprises several things including a dual transmitter, dual receivers, two operators, and photocells. The transmitter sends a signal to the receiver which them activates the operator that opens or closes the gate. The products will vary in design, frequency, range coverage and more. Its, therefore, is vital to take time and decide which is the most suitable for your needs.
NB: Before you buy and install an automatic opener, you need to understand the different types of gates. This helps you to choose the right solution that works effectively.
Benefits Of The Automatic Openers
The reason why more and more people are opting for these gate openers because of their numerous advantages. The most notable are as follows:
- Increased Safety: Unlike the normal openers that require you to be close to the gate, this one can be operated from a safe distance. This limits the chances of an intruder, attacker or thieves from coming into contact with you and harming you. And in case you see one, you can always run for safety or plan your next move.
- Improved Security: According to consumers, the security in the home, neighborhood, office, schools and other places improves after installing this device. This is because it deters unauthorized personnel from accessing the property and also gives the operator time to react to not-so-good situations.
- Easy Installation: Installing the openers is easy and straightforward. You can follow the manufacturer’s instructions, product guide, seek help from a reputable installer, or look at tips and videos online. They work with different types of doors and once installed, they remain firm and are very effective.
- Simple to Operate: You don’t need advanced training or skills to operate an automatic opener for the gate. It’s usually just matter of pressing a button to open. The remote control is very lightweight and has good coverage and is also very responsive. Maintaining the remote control, opener, and other related accessories such as transmitters, receivers, and opening mechanism are also easy.
- Effective: The automatic openers are not just easy to install but work with different kinds of gates. The best ones can handle even heavy gates and open and close relatively fast. This reduces the “window of opportunity” that may allow an intruder to strike. For people who want to lower the cost of power, you can install a solar system with ease.
Opening and closing the gate doesn’t have to be a hard chore. You also shouldn’t expose yourself to the risk of being attacked or giving unauthorized people entry. With a good automatic opener, you will easily and conveniently open the gate without standing too close. It also means that you use minimal effort and don’t put yourself in harm’s way.
In this review, we have showcased the best automatic gate openers that guarantee you good service and top security. We choose them based on reliability, smooth operation, safety, durability, and reputation. And as you can see, they work with different types of gates and can handle even the heaviest gates without problems.