This article is updated on October 30, 2020 | By:
Gone are the frustrating days when you had to ask your friend or a complete stranger to scratch your back. Nowadays, you have a dependable accessory that gives you an instant solution. Backscratchers allow you to scratch not only your back but also scalp, chest, and foot. They come in various sizes with extendable telescopic handle. Most of these units are made from either stainless steel or wooden materials. And like other items, you will get the best results if you use it as designed. We have compiled the best back scratchers units that offer premium performance and are easy to access. They are as follows:
List Of Best Back Scratchers In 2021
#12. Expandable Backscratcher, Wood
The Kikkerland expandable backscratcher weighs 1.12 ounces to increase natural and smooth usability. The extendable mechanism allows you to extend it up 20 inches to scratch the hard to reach places. It measures approximately 1.25 by 7.125 inches and has a retractable length.
The item comes with a nice telescopic handle that is made from beech wood which is unbreakable, unbendable, rust-proof and sturdy to give you easy scratching. It features stainless steel metal claws to provide you with safe and firm action. The simple construction adds a beautiful aesthetic effect that blends well with its surroundings and can act as a lovely gift.
#11. Bear Claw Black Telescopic Back Scratcher
The WOVTE back scratcher is made from 100% stainless steel that guarantees a rust-proof, substantial, unbendable, dull-free and durable experience. It comes with a built-in rubber telescoping handle to improve your grip, maneuverability and also feels comfortable in your hands.
It measures 22.5″ when you fully extend it and weighs 2.4 ounces which is practical and user-friendly. The collapsible mechanism improves storage and portability while the beautiful design makes it an excellent gift to a loved one. It has a 100% money back guarantee with1-year warranty in case of malfunction.
#10. Bear Claw Telescopic Back Scratcher
The bear claw back scratcher has a handy telescopic and is both collapsible and extendable. It can extend fully up to 22.5 inches and retract up to 8.5 inches for convenience. The item comes in 4 assorted colors to give you a variety of color choices and weighs 0.8 ounces for secure handling and minimal effort.
The smooth finish and simple design make cleanup easy. It features a bear claw-shaped construction that is not only eye-appealing but also practical. The claws are made from metal which is durable, sturdy and rust-proof hence increases its performance. A rubber cushion handle promotes a firm grip and seamless operation.
#9. Bamboo Back Scratcher 17.5″ Long
The JapanBargain back scratcher has an ergonomic design that performs as expected. It is approximately 17.5″ long which allows you to get to the hard-to-reach places effortlessly. The product features a durable 1.5-inch wide handle that is comfortable in your hands and easy to use.
It uses a unique design made from mature bamboo that guarantees a sturdy, eco-friendly and durable performance. The nice-looking scratcher measures 1.6 ounces which makes it a lightweight product for you to efficiently operate, clean, store and travel with the highest comfortability. The simple and attractive design makes it a nice addition to your other items.
- Read More On: Necessary Bidet Attachments In The Market
#8. Telescoping Self Back Scratcher
The DigHealth prides on having an excellent claw design made from metal which offers a durable and sturdy operation. The collapsible handle can extend up to 22.83 inches and retract to 8.46 inches for smooth operation, easy storage and convenience. It uses a multi-purpose mechanism to massage your head, back, scalp or with no effort.
The item weighs 7.2 ounces which makes it easy even for kids to use without any assistance. It features a rubber handle which guarantees a more firm and simple scratching action. It includes 5 multicolor that allow you to choose your desired color and also makes a nice gift for a special someone.
#7. Portable Extendable Telescopic Bear Claws Metal Back Scratchers
The 2-Pack LEMENG back scratcher has a multi-purpose mechanism that offers a smooth back-scratching, hand massaging, and backslapping operation. It weighs 4 ounces and has a dimension of 64 by 1.75 by 0.5 inches for added comfort and efficient storage in limited spaces. The telescopic construction is extendable from 8 inches (26 cm) to 22.5″ (58.5cm) and also retracts easily.
It comes in a claw-shaped design with 2 colors to enhance its overall beauty. The metal claw guarantees a safe rust-proof session with an extended period of use. It features a rubber grip handle to give optimum grip for a smooth scratching experience.
#6. Telescoping Back Scratchers Pack
The DigHealth has a compact size that is extendable from 7.8 to 22.5 inches. It is compact and takes up minimal storage space and also lightweight. The product comes with 5 massaging tools each in different colors to give you a good scratching experience even those areas that are difficult to reach. It features soft rubber handles that improve your grip when in use and is also soft and comfortable to your hands.
The stainless steel claws offer an extended performance and are also is rust-proof as more durable compared to the other materials. The ergonomic design is not only aesthetically appealing but also functional. It weighs 8 ounces which makes it ideal for traveling with maximum ease.
#5. 17″ Traditional Bamboo Back Scratchers
The BambooMN is made from 100% natural mature bamboo and has a polished finish for extra beauty. It guarantees you of reliable, long-lasting and eco-friendly performance and includes a free travel size backscratcher massager for you to take it with you during your travels. It is approximately 17 inches long and 1.5 inches wide for better comfort and grip.
The simple ergonomic design promotes relaxation and offers instant itch-relief while requiring minimal effort. The manual mechanism gives you an added advantage, unlike powered unit which relies on batteries or electricity to work. It can act as a lovely gift or an extra décor and comes with a lifetime warranty.
#4. Extending Metal Telescoping Back Scratcher, 2 Pack
The NYKKOLA telescoping back scratcher measures 7.6 by 1.9 by 1.2 inches and weighs 2.4 ounces. It feels not only comfortable and light on the hands, but also requires minimal effort and storage space. The 2-pack unit gives you 2 back scratchers, reliability, and long-lasting service.
It comes with a telescoping handle that can extend up to 20 inches. The sturdy metal claw is unbreakable, unbendable and also rust-proof and offers a firm, durable and safe scratching process. The well-built item is easy to use, clean, store and will look good with other items.
#3. Sturdy Cactus Back Scratcher
By: Cactus Scratcher
The Cactus scratcher comes with 2 different spikes that give you an aggressive or soft scratching. It has a collapsible extending pole that can reach up to 26 inches to ensure you never miss a spot. The 8.8-inch length and weight of 0.48 ounces ensure you have simple and secure storage during your travels and use minimum storage space.
It is made from metal, which is long-lasting and the goof performance brings you immediate relief and relaxation. The red spike color is attractive and blends in well with its surroundings and makes it a lovely gift.
#2. Extendable Telescopic Bear Claw Back Scratchers
The Ohuhu back scratcher comes with a multi-function construction to enable you to massage your scalp, head, and foot and back, thus save you money on the purchase of extra accessories. The telescoping handle can extend up to 22.2 inches and retract to a small length of 7.8 inches. This h makes it convenient to reach those hard to reach areas, and a can comfortably fit in your pant pocket.
It features a stainless steel claw that is rust-proof, unbreakable, unbendable thereby offering premium performance. It has a rubber handle which is soft on your hands and provides increased traction between your skin and the handle. A claw-shaped design gives maximum scratching power to relief itchiness instantly. It comes in 5 different colors to give a clean and is less-confusing use.
#1. 4 Piece Traditional Back Scratcher & Body Relaxation Massager Set
The best back scratcher in this list goes to The Bambooorx back scratcher. It boasts of 4 sets of massage tools. The ball massager allows you to massage all the itchy spots while using a neutral pressure. The standard size scratcher gives you a smooth and easy scratching process. The double wheel massage roller offers a gentle massage action. Lastly, the travel size scratcher is compact, easy to carry inside your travel bag and also acts as a shoehorn.
It is made from 100% natural bamboo which is organic and earth-friendly that offers a non-swelling/shrinking for extended use as compared to plastic ones. It has an attractive finish that is not only eye-appealing but also improves reliability. The wooden claws design and construction give you superior performance, thus relieving stress and itchiness.
When Purchasing a Back Scratcher, You May Think Of
- Handle: The primary consideration is the length and type of handle. Most of these units use telescoping grips for a more natural retraction and extension process. This helps when you want to use minimal storage space in your travels. Ensure you ascertain the right length depending on your needs and available storage/carrying space.
- Length: A back scratcher has to have a considerable range to reach the hard to reach places. Most of the above units can extend up to 22.5 inches which is a workable length. The length allows less overextension of your shoulders, wrist, and elbows thus giving a comfortable use.
- Design: The way your scratcher is designed will either give you a seamless or frustrating process. Ensure it is made from durable materials that provide premium and safe performance.
- Scratchability: The pressure your unit exerts is essential. Some devices work well on the bare skin as compared to clothes. You should go for a unit that has claws that work in all type of conditions.
- Appearance: The more eye-appealing, the higher the chances you will use it in public. You will not feel even an ounce of embarrassment if it comes with a beautiful design.
- Edge Width: the width of the edge is an essential factor to consider. It should be broad enough to add more stability and strength and even comfort to your hands. The thinner the width, the more uncomfortable it is.
Materials Of Back Scratchers
The best back scratchers come with different materials to match different users’ preferences. There are some common back scratcher materials that you should know, and each of them is great. Let’s see which one is suitable for you the most.
- Metal: When it comes to metal, you know their durability and quality are long-lasting to have. You can use them for years, and you know that they will not break or lose their appearance easily at all. The great thing about this material is that it allows for both control and weight. You won’t have to put too much pressure to get the strong scratches at all because the metal already has some weight. It is true that metal back scratchers are quite pricey, but their quality and performance are totally worth it
- Plastic: This is the most affordable and common type of material for back scratchers. They are lightweight and easy to use as well as to bring along with. At the same time, you can also easily find them since this material is so common. The only downside of plastic back scratchers is that they are the least durable.
- Wood: Stays between the middle, wood back scratchers are both affordable and durable to use. The solid design makes them more difficult to break compared to plastic. Along with that, their price is also reasonable as well which is a total plus. If you look for a back scratcher for long term use without spending too much, then go for wood.
Types Of Back Scratchers
In the modern technology era, things get more comfortable and easier from day to day. It goes the same with back scratchers, and we are talking about their two main types today. Let’s see which one that you think you will like the most.
- Electric Back Scratcher: Powered by battery, electric back scratchers will do the scratching for you. All you need to do is put it on the itchy spot, easy and simple as that. Most modern electric back scratchers come with adjustable levels that you can choose for the pressure. That way, you will be able to get just the right amount of scratching just the way you prefer. This type is super convenient and easy to use, and you won’t have to numb your arms trying to push the scratcher. It is also ideal for the elderly as well with the comfort that it offers.
- Traditional Back Scratcher: The traditional design requires you to do the scratching by yourself. When buying this type, you have to make sure to pick the right one. Always go for the back scratchers with telescoping design so that you can reach further with ease. At the same time, make sure that the scratching teeth of the tool are not too sharp. This is to keep your back safe from bleeding so that there won’t be any injuries. Some of these incidents occur with metal scratchers, so don’t forget to look out when buying one.
It is vital to relieve any stress that is caused by persistent itchiness. There is no need to ask a stranger or keep disturbing someone to scratch your back. The recommended thing to do is to purchase a back scratcher. They come with numerous benefits like saving time; scratch hard-to-reach places, portable, reliable, affordable and many more.
Our list contains the best back scratchers in the market. They are readily available, well built, dependable, practical, durable, and backed by many 5-star reviews and positive comments. Scratching your back, l neck, shoulder or any other place should no longer be a problem.