Without a proper toilet, answering the “call of nature” while out camping can be hard. I mean, how do you do it in the open spaces with people around? You also don’t want to venture deep into the woods and risk meeting a grizzly bear, do you? Such are reasons why it’s essential to acquire a camping toilet and not just any type but the best. It gives the same comfort and satisfaction similar to the home or office toilet even in the outdoors. After carefully reviewing different products, the following units came out tops.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 9 Best Camping Toilets in 2018
- #9 Best Choice Products Portable Camping Hiking Outdoor Toilet, 5 gallon/20-liters
- #8 Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet
- #7 PARTYSAVING New Outdoor Camping Travel Boat Portable Toilet Potty
- #6 JAXPETY 5-Gallon/ 20-Liter Porta Potti Flush Portable Toilet
- #5 Zimmer Comfort Portable 5-Gallon Camping Toilet
- #4 Excelvan Flush Portable Porta Potti Toilet, 20 Liters (5 Gallons)
- #3 Reliance Products Hassock Self-Contained Toilet
- #2 Reliance Products Portable Luggable Loo
- #1 SereneLife Portable Toilet, 5.3 Gallon (20-Liter)
- How We Picked These Best Camping Toilets
List of Top 9 Best Camping Toilets in 2018
#9 Best Choice Products Portable Camping Hiking Outdoor Toilet, 5 gallon/20-liters
By: Best Choice Products
You should struggle to find a good place to relieve yourself when camping or in the outdoor setting. With this portable camping toilet, you will enjoy convenience and satisfaction at its best. It has a good holding capacity if 5 gallons and is suitable for a couple, family, or group of friends. Like other leading products, this toilet is designed for outdoor use and features quality and tough materials to withstand the outdoor environment. It’s also straightforward to carry around courtesy of the lightweight and also simple to clean.
#8 Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet
As hinted by the name, this portable camping toilet will clean waste from anywhere. The unit is simple but does a good job especially in campsites. It’s well built to handle weights as high as 500 pounds and is very simple and easy to set up. You only need to spare a few minutes, and it will be an up and running in no time. Its good weight and design also makes carrying it easy and features 3 locking legs for good steadiness and support. The integrated handle ensures it doesn’t fall or accidentally open when carrying and has an easy to clean surface for the best hygiene.
#7 PARTYSAVING New Outdoor Camping Travel Boat Portable Toilet Potty
This is one the best camping toilets seats and feels solid and sturdy due to the top grade materials. It’s fit for camping, hunting, hiking, and many other outdoor uses. It has a 5.3-gallon capacity which is good enough for normal usage and takes quite some time before requiring disposal. The simple toilet is easy to use and features a tight sealing lid to lock in the odors and comes in a standalone design and doesn’t need external connections.
#6 JAXPETY 5-Gallon/ 20-Liter Porta Potti Flush Portable Toilet
This is one of the most basic camping toilets and is simple to use. It’s very portable due to the compact design and lightweight. The unit has a good capacity of 20 liters (5 gallons) and will serve a good number of people before it requires to be emptied. It operates similar to the normal toilet and has a smooth surface that feels nice on the skin. Other than camping, this portable unit can be fitted in a boat, RV, mobile homes, and other locations.
#5 Zimmer Comfort Portable 5-Gallon Camping Toilet
This portable toilet is what you deserve when traveling or camping. It has a 5-gallon capacity to handle good volumes and also serves many people before disposal. The high-quality accessory can handle even the heavy users pretty well and offers as many as 70 flushes. It comes in a leak-proof design to prevent waste spillage and also locks in the odors quite well for an ambient environment. It also includes detachable tanks which improve cleaning and portability and has a solid base for good support.
#4 Excelvan Flush Portable Porta Potti Toilet, 20 Liters (5 Gallons)
Many people agree that this is arguably the best camping toilet on the market. The portable unit is ideal for campers and outdoor use and is lightweight for easy handling and carrying. It’s crafted from strong materials and has a sturdy design to handle even very heavy people. The 5-gallon (20-liter) is adequate for daily requirements whereas the simple design makes installation a breeze. It features a smooth surface for comfort and also feels warm to the skin. And thanks to the leak-proof design, chances of the waste leaking or spilling especially during carrying are minimal.
#3 Reliance Products Hassock Self-Contained Toilet
By: Reliance Products
Choosing this camping toilet by Reliance Products gives you a good toilet when in the outdoors. It’s loved by many people because of its simplicity and that makes using it straight forward. It’s also among the most hygienic pieces on offer and also very portable. The well-built toilet is suitable for different people and works similar to the ordinary toilet. It can handle a good volume before needing to empty and is also compact for improved handling.
#2 Reliance Products Portable Luggable Loo
By: Reliance Products
Weighing only 3 pounds, carrying this toilet isn’t a problem. Actually, it’s rated one of the lightest and most carry-friendly units. However, despite it’s a lightweight, it can hold a lot of waste thanks to its 5-gallon (20-liter) capacity and is suitable for camping, hiking, fishing, sporting events, hunting and more. The simply designed toilet is easy to operate even for a beginner since it looks like the ordinary type. It’s very ergonomic for good comfort, easy to clean thanks to the sleek surface, and locks in odor via the snap-on lid.
#1 SereneLife Portable Toilet, 5.3 Gallon (20-Liter)
This outdoor portable toilet is ideal for camping, traveling, honing and other outdoor situations. Like other types, it also has a 5 gallon/ 20-liter capacity, which seems to be the most popular size. The sturdily-built toilet is quite easy to use by both young and old. It has a good height and dimension for convenience, smooth sitting surface, and easy it operates a flushing system. Moving the toilet is easy thanks to the carry-friendly design and lightweight and will also keep the contents intact to prevent leakage or spillage. The portable camping toilet comes with a bag for improved handling especially when moving it.
How We Picked These Best Camping Toilets
To come up with this review, it was necessary to look at the key things which include the following:
- Portability: The toilet had to be easy to carry since it would be moved quite often. Top types are lightweight, compact, and come in a carry-friendly design or feature handles.
- Capacity: A good item handles a good volume to minimize re-emptying intervals and serve a large number of people. 20 liters/ 5-gallon capacity seems most common.
- Ease of use: The right camping toilet operates similarly to the normal home or office toilet. It’s easy to use and maintain.
- Hygiene: Although portable and designed for outdoor use, the toilet should be hygienic and also easy to clean. The surfaces are smooth, and it doesn’t feature corners or many edges.
- Support: The right camping toilet will support kids as well as adults. It will remain steady even when used by a heavy person.
- Emptying Ease: It was essential to pick toilets that were easy to empty. Besides saving time, it also meant that cleaning is also easy.
- Versatility: Good camping toilets are great for camping, hiking, sporting events, mobile homes, RVs and other places.
Answering the call of nature when camping or in the wild don’t need to be a difficult affair. You don’t need to walk long distances to access the nearest public toilet or talk to a homestead to use their facility. You can still enjoy the same experience as if at home by using a portable camping toilet. And just as the name implies, it’s designed for camping and other related activities. In this review, we have selected the top 9 best camping toilets on the market. All you need to do now is choose a product.