This article is updated on October 8, 2020 | By:
A few years ago, I delved into the market to look for a replacement for my Ontario RAT 5 and ESEE 3 fixed blade knives which had proven a tad inferior. I was determined to get the best fixed blade knives on the market. Although the entire process proved to be a pain in the rear for me, I was finally able to unravel the crème de la crèmes. In this review, I will highlight some of the picks of the bunch I came across. Let’s set the ball rolling!
List Of The Best Fixed Blade Knives In 2021
Last update on 2021-06-14 at 19:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#9. Fixed Blade Knife With Sheath
This was one of the best fixed knives I came across. Although this fixed blade knife isn’t quite curved like the typical ones, it boasts an incredible performance and guarantees years of service. What I loved about it most is the razor-sharp design and lightweight construction.
The easy-to-carry design makes it perfect for utility and tactical use. Carrying it around is easy since it comes with a carrying bag. It also boasts an ideal handle design offering a firm and comfortable grip. The 2.6-inch blade and overall length of 7.3 inches make it suitable for various tasks.
#8. Full Tang Clip Point Fixed Blade Knife
This Schrade branded product boasts a small and convenient handle for anyone with smaller hands. I purchased it for my son, who has shown interest in hunting and is often exposed to various risks. The admirable blade quality, coupled with the convenient pricing makes it ideal for anyone operating on a tight budget.
Of course, He carries it around whenever he’s going to his usual hunting escapades but rarely carries it to uptown for fear of rubbing authorities the wrong way. The high carbon steel blade makes it sturdy and highly durable while its multiple-carrying options make it ideal for everyday use. This fixed blade knife comes with nine grommet holes and some four slots meant for added convenience.
#7. High Hardness Full-Tang Outdoor Survival Fixed Blade Hunting Knife
I am a vast hunting enthusiast. I bought this after the other one I was using got lost during my last hunting session. Additionally, I love almost everything about it including the razor-sharp blade and its comfortable handle. The handles are fitted in a more relaxed and stronger manner than the previous knife I had. It also doubles up as a great backup knife for vehicle and pack use. The 3.34-inch blade size and 8.46-inch overall length make it ideal for use and highly portable. This is a full-tang fixed blade knife which can be used for camping, hunting or any other outdoor activity.
#6. Series Fixed Blade Knife, Black Drop Point Blade, 8-Inch
By: Mtech USA
Although I found the handle a tad short for my convenience, this is one of the best fixed blade knives on the market. It looks sturdy, and the performance matches its realistic design. The razor-sharp blade makes it ideal for all activities including hunting and self-defense. It makes a perfect project knife, and I recently started using it around the house for running small errands. Although I plan to make a few changes to suit my personal preferences, this fixed blade knife boasts an incredible 8-inch nylon sheath. The 3.75-inch drop point blade works perfectly while its comfortable blade offers added comfort.
#5. Clip Point Fixed Blade Knife
By: Smith & Wesson
I bought three of these Smith & Wesson fixed blade knives for my entire family. After the initial purchase, I have bought replacements more than three times since my son keeps giving them out to his friends as gifts. These are all-purpose designed to offer perfect performance and guarantee years of use. The easy to handle design makes the knives perfect for the entire family. They boast a black carbon steel dual-edged blade which gives each one of them an incredible performance. The perfect blade size makes it ideal for all outdoor activities while its overall length of 10.50 inches makes it easily portable.
#4. Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife
I recently discovered a new hobby; sailing. I decided to get a fixed blade knife boasting a 6-inch blade size for use when sailing. I came across a plethora of options, but I decided to settle for this Schrade fixed blade knife. Of course, I had some reasons for choosing it and not the others. This is a light knife and is solid in the hands. It boasts a razor-sharp blade which makes it perfect for all outdoor activities. The plastic sheath and versatile construction make it a must-have gadget for all outdoor activities. The only drawback would be the fact that the blade requires occasional oiling since it isn’t stainless steel-made. However, that isn’t much of a deal-breaker.
#3. StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife With Fine Edge
This is a beautiful and stylish fixed blade knife. I bought it for my daughter who wanted to had seen it on YouTube and wanted to try it out. The subtle blade finish makes it perfect for her, and she also loves its lightweight and convenient size. It works perfect and passes through gauntlet trials with a neck-breaking speed and unmatched accuracy. It’s built for survival and combat duties and boasts a full tang design for added strength. The 420HC steel blade makes it highly convenient and perfect for almost all outdoor activities.
#2. Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife, 4.1-Inch
My dad bought this knife precisely for filleting when fishing at the banks. So far, he has had nothing but praises for its great performance. This happens to be one of the best fixed blade knives on the market. In fact, he says it had performed better than he had expected. It features a versatile blade design which makes it perfect for almost all outdoor activities. The hardened stainless steel construction makes it ideal for daily use while its high-friction grip makes handling it a breeze. The color matching plastic sheath makes it even better and ideal for anyone who wants to stay stylish.
#1. Full Tang Spear Point Fixed Blade Knife
By: Smith & Wesson
This is the best fixed blade knife on the market. It holds a decent edge and boasts a solid construction which makes it highly durable. The razor-sharp blade makes it perfect for all outdoor activities. I purchased it as a birthday gift for one of my friends who also doubles as my hunting mate. Of course, he carries it around but ensures that he’s in full compliance with legislation to avoid finding himself on the wrong side of the law.
It comes with a perfect sheath which is fitted with a solid belt clip for easy portability. Its handles offer a firm and comfortable grip while its strong and grooved carbon stainless steel blade makes it effective.
Benefits Of Fixed Blade Knives
Fixed blade knives are very cool and helpful to have in various situations especially for outdoor use. If you can’t decide which one to choose between fixed and folding knives, check out the benefits of fixed blade knives first.
- Fixed blade knives are strong and big, and they come with a wide variety of sizes for you. From a pocket-size to the ones that can protect you from wild animals, fixed blade knives are available in them all. With their strength, they can protect and help you on many different occasions which is very helpful.
- Since fixed blade knives are not foldable, you won’t have to worry that they will break at all. When there is no moving part, there is nothing to break; simple as that. This also means they are long-lasting to have for years of use as well.
- Fixed blade knives are easy to maintain, and they don’t require a lot of care at all. At the same time, cleaning is very straightforward and simple which is so convenient to have and use.
- Another great thing about fixed blade knives is that they have a longer blade. In fact, fixed blade knives come with the blade twice longer than a folding knife. This is simply better, and they are also easier to use for many different purposes as well.
- Fixed blade knives stand out because they are always ready for you to use. They are faster, and they are safer compared to folding knives especially during tactical situations. As you can see in the movies, no one has their adventures in the forest or jungle using folding knives.
- You can carry fixed blade knives or survival knives along with you easily, and they always come in handy. Plus with long-lasting durability, no doubt why they are very popular for outdoor use.
Things To Consider When Buying Fixed Blade Knives
- Blade: The blade has to belong and sharp so that it can handle various works effectively. Also, look for the fixed blade knife with full tang design since this type is more durable and strong to use.
- Comfort: Comfortable grip is very important when you handle a knife. If the grip is not firm or comfortable enough, you will be able to use your knife to the fullest at all. So make sure that the handle of the knife comes with ergonomic design for the most comfortable experience possible.
- Design: This is probably the least important thing, but it ways comes first in your mind. The stylish design is good, but make sure that it also comes with performance and durability.
- Sheath: It does not only protect you but also the blade of the knives when not in use as well. Some high quality fixed blade knives come with high-quality sheaths which is a total plus. If not, don’t forget to buy a sheath because this is the important protector for your knife.
Looking for the best fixed blade knives isn’t a piece of cake. In fact, their countless numbers have made the process even harder for buyers. However, armed with the right information, getting the genuine fixed blade knife isn’t such a daunting affair. In this article, we have compiled the right fixed blade knives boasting a stellar performance. Grab one of them and have great hunting, camping and sailing experience.