Playing games on the computer or television set is quite rewarding. However, if you want an even better experience, then you should consider using the best gaming projector. Firstly, the top types offer better clarity and will make the images more real. Secondly, the projector has a larger screen and this makes the game more involving. Thirdly, you can enjoy the game almost anywhere since the projector is lightweight and easy to carry. Fourthly, the cost of gaming projectors is coming down. Finally, today’s gaming projectors are very advanced, feature rich and compatible with most devices in the home.
Table of Contents
- Which Are The Best Gaming projectors For 2018?
- #8 GYMAN Projector LCD Projector, 2000 Lumens
- #7 Croyale Portable HD 1080P Projector, 1200 Lumens
- #6 GooDee 1080p Mini Portable Projector 1800 Lumens
- #5 CiBest GP90 Portable HD 1080P LCD Projector, 3500 Lumens
- #4 DBPOWER T20 LCD Mini Projector, 1800 Lumens, White
- #3 VIVIBRIGHT GP100 LCD 1080P Full-HD Video Projector, 3500 Lumens
- #2 Optoma GT1080 1080p 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector
- #1 Optoma GT1080Darbee 1080p 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector, 3000 Lumens
- Choosing The Best Gaming Projector
Which Are The Best Gaming projectors For 2018?
#8 GYMAN Projector LCD Projector, 2000 Lumens
Playing games will be more exciting with this trendy LCD projector. It features 800 x 480 resolution which is good enough for everyday gaming and is based on superior technology to deliver high-quality images. It has 2000 Lumen ratings to ensure the picture quality is sharp and clear even in low light. Thanks to the many ports including VGA, AG, USB, and HDMI, the gaming projector works with game consoles, PC, Blu-ray and more. Other than gaming, it’s also a good home theatre projector.
#7 Croyale Portable HD 1080P Projector, 1200 Lumens
With this projector, cases of tired eyes because of tiny images or frustrations because of blurry images will be over. It features superior technology that is in touch with modern gaming needs. The unit supports a resolution of 1080p to deliver high-quality images and has a fast refresh rate to reduce lags or hanging screen. It will work well in dimly as well as brightly lit rooms thanks to the 1200 lumens whereas the lamps have a life of more than 20,000 hours. It’s compatible with many devices such as Xbox, Placation, Blueray players, PCs, iPad, smartphone, and DVD players.
#6 GooDee 1080p Mini Portable Projector 1800 Lumens
This projector by GooDee is regarded as among the best gaming projectors in the market. Users praise it for the high-quality images courtesy of the 1080p (800 x 480) resolution as well as the minimal lag thanks to the good refresh rate. It has an 1800 lumen rating and delivers clear images even in bright light whereas the high contrast ratio prevents blurry images. It is lightweight for easy carrying and compact for placing in small spaces. The gaming projector can be operated for hours and won’t overheat and is also very silent.
#5 CiBest GP90 Portable HD 1080P LCD Projector, 3500 Lumens
This gaming projector has one of the highest lumen ratings of 3500 and is perfect for night and day gaming. The small-sized unit is very easy to carry and also doesn’t require lots of space. You place it on a table or desk; mount it on a wall or the ceiling. Thanks to its good throw distance, it is suitable for small as well as large rooms. The unit has a resolution of 1080p and comprises a powerful LCD that relays superb pictures. It also has good sound and lamps that will last for 30,000 plus hours. Besides gaming, it’s also a very good home theater projector
#4 DBPOWER T20 LCD Mini Projector, 1800 Lumens, White
Capable of handling a resolution of 1080p, this gaming projector by DBPOWER assures you of the best gaming experience. It’s also a good home theatre projector and will ensure you, your family or visitors have the real cinematic experience thanks to the widescreen. You can fit it in the wall, ceiling or simply place on a desk. It delivers good brightness of 1800 lumens to suit dim, medium and also bright lighting and works from a short as well as a long distance. The projector is very compact, portable, and will easily fit in a small bag, cabinet, or any other place for safe storage.
#3 VIVIBRIGHT GP100 LCD 1080P Full-HD Video Projector, 3500 Lumens
You will enjoy playing games as well as watching movies with this video projector. The item is liked for its good throw distance to work in many places, clear images thanks to the 1080p resolution, and the good luminosity of 3500 lumens. The images are very sharp and clear in both bright and dim lighting and the sound quality is also good. It can be fitted on the wall, ceiling or placed on desk or stand. The LCD unit boasts of a led source which is very energy efficient and also doesn’t run too hot. In effect, the projector will feel cool even after being used continuously.
#2 Optoma GT1080 1080p 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector
Designed to handle a resolution as high as 1080p, this 3D DLP projector will make the gaming exciting and more rewarding. It provides a screen of 111 inches from a distance of 4 feet; 166 inches at 6 feet and has a maximum brightness of 2800 ANSI lumens. The contrast ratio of 30,000:1 delivers clear images by preventing blurry or fuzzy images. It’s lightweight and compact and can be fitted on a wall, mounted on the ceiling, or placed on a table.
#1 Optoma GT1080Darbee 1080p 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector, 3000 Lumens
With a 0.49 Throw Ratio, the GF1080Darbee by Optoma has severally been voted the best gaming projector. Users love the superb images that it delivers thanks to its high resolution of 1080p as well as enhanced gaming performance. It also has a class-leading brightness of 3000 lumens. This means you will still enjoy high quality images even in a very bright room. The built-in Next Generation DarbeeVision Processor delivers good depth and HD video while its light weight makes handling it easy. And with a 28,000:1 contrast ratio, you are assured of amazing black levels and minimal blurs.
Choosing The Best Gaming Projector
Whether a beginner or hard gamer, you need to go for a top-rated gaming projector if you want maximum satisfaction. And in order to do this, you should consider the following:
- Resolution: You will have a good time playing the game if the gaming projector has a high resolution. This usually means the images will be sharper and clearer. The best gaming projector will support resolutions of 720p and 1080p, and the higher the figure the better.
- Refresh Rate: You need to tread carefully since some manufacturers don’t disclose the projectors refresh rate. Nevertheless, you should aim at higher figures and anything above 120Hz is worth buying.
- Contrast Ratios: A good gaming projector will have a high contrast ratio. This prevents the shadowy or fuzzy images that may be experienced especially in dimly lit areas. Experts’ advice people to choose an item with a minimum of 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Sound Quality: A good gaming projector comes with a decent sound output. This saves you from connecting to a speaker system, home entertainment System, amplifier and other devices. It also saves you money just in case you don’t have a reliable sound system.
- Throw Distance: This defines how far the projector should be placed from the screen or wall. You’ll see long, short (regular) or ultra short (super short) throw. Short throws are desired by gamers or when using Xbox or a Playstation whereas long throw is selected because they are usually more affordable.
- Brightness: The brighter the gaming projector the better it will handle the lighting situations. For instance, although a 1000 lumen unit is okay in dimly-lit places but may not be very clear in bright daylight. A unit with a lumen rating of 1500 plus will be better. And if money allows, always go for devices rated 3000 lumens or more.
- Other Factors: Other things that you need to think about include the screen size, compatibility with other devices such as home theaters systems, computers, gaming consoles, ports(HDMI, VGA, USB….), portability, mounting ease, lamp life, weight, and price.
With the right gaming projector, you will have the ultimate gaming experience. The pictures/ images are much larger than the TV or desktop PC, or laptop. You can set up the unit almost anywhere as long as you have a nice clean wall or screen. The device can easily be hooked to others devices for instances speakers, TVs, Blueray players, PCs, or laptops for more enjoyment. You also can’t forget that projectors have become smaller and lighter and carrying isn’t a problem. By using the above best gaming projector review as a buying guide, you’ll become a proud owner of a good and reliable projector.