This article is updated on April 15, 2022 | By: [post_author_posts_link]
Does your garage look disorganized or would you like to create extra space? Well, if your answer to these and other related questions is yes, then you will find the right solution in this review. Truth is that the modern garage is becoming smaller as more things find their way into the space. And as we know, constructing another garage or expanding it may not be an option for many people because of the lack of additional space or the cost involved. Fortunately, you can make do with what you have. Simply read this top best garage storage racks reviews in 2018.
List of Best Garage Storage Racks[amazon template=”table” box=”B01AZ5F1QM,B01CHQCN22,B00NUS53CY,B00BY7K2XI,B0009I8AO6,B00I8N02MC,B0194R5BSA,B00BY7K3J6″]
#9. Overhead Storage System, White
Measuring 45 x 45 inches, this storage system will easily improve the space and organization in your garage. The overhead storage system takes advantage of the unused aerial space and increases the floor space. It comes in adjustable design to suit different areas and tools and can handle up to 250 pounds of weight. The accessory can be mounted on vaulted or flat ceilings and takes less than 30 minutes using the standard tools. It’s constructed from powder-coated steel for reliability, strength, durability and is also scratch-resistant.
#8. 5 Shelf Adjustable Steel Garage Shelving System
You don’t need to worry about your congested or disorganized garage anymore. Simply fit this storage rack and enjoy maximum satisfaction. The steel made unit is suitable for most garage types and is also among the easiest to fit. It comes with a wire shelf design for lightness and improved storage and is designed to handle up to 250 pounds. The chrome and black powder-coated construction not only looks elegant and trendy but is also resistant to corrosion and rust. It comes with 5 shelves for improved organization and accessibility and measures 36 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 72 inches wide.
#7. Overhead Garage Rack, 4 x 8ft
With these garage storage rack system, your garage will become more functional and user-friendly. Measuring 4 x 8 feet, this unit can hold lots of tools and equipment. It has a built-in grid design for quick and easy fitting and is made of durable cold-rolled 14 gauge steel. The unit can hold up to 600 pounds of weight is among the heavy-duty pieces on this review. Installing it is also simple even for novices and all you need is to follow the simple instructions and using the common tools.
#6. 4-Shelf Chrome Shelving Unit
If you want the best garage storage rack that can handle heavyweights, then this piece from AmazonBasics is perfect. The steel constructed unit can handle up to 1400 pounds with each shelf designed to hold a maximum of 350 pounds. The item measures 36(L) x 14(W) x 54(H) inches and can be placed in most garages without a problem. The wire shelves are very adaptable to any situation, thanks to the 1-inch increment. Other than the garages, this unit can also be used in the office, kitchen, workshop and other places.
#5. Overhead Garage Storage Rack Heavy Duty
Measuring 4 x 8 feet inches, this overhead storage rack will improve functionality and organization in the garage. The unit maximizes space and can be adjusted to suit different items. It is designed for loads up to 600 pounds and can be fitted in most garages within a short period. Once installed, it will remain intact to offer long-lasting service. It is made from steel for durability and strength and is powder-coated to prevent rust and corrosion.
#4. Ceiling Storage Heavy Lift – Cable Lifted Storage Rack
Get this product now
You shouldn’t tolerate the disorganization or lack of space in your garage. With this rack, you will store lots of items without needing to be modified or expand the garage. It comes in a HeavyLift design to handle up to 250 pounds. The accessory has a dimension of 4 x 4 feet to accommodate many things. It lifts up or comes down for improved functionality. It comprises heavy-duty steel beams for proper support and has a space-saving to suit even the small garages.
#3. Garage Storage Rack, Gray
By: NewAge Products
With the New Age storage rack, organizing and storing items in your garage should improve. The functional and user-friendly measures 96(L) x 48(W) x 45(H) inches and can handle up to 600 pounds. The rack can handle many accessories at the same time courtesy of the 104 cubic feet space. It has an adjustable height of 18-42 inches and comprises powder painted steel to prevent fading, corrosion, and rust and also improve cleaning. Installing this rack is very easy and only needs the standard tools.
#2. Adjustable Overhead Garage Storage Rack
If the best garage storage rack is what you want then this item should meet your needs. It can hold up to 600 pounds and is quite easy to install. The steel unit is suitable for different kinds of garages and is constructed from sturdy materials that can tolerate scratches, bumps, mishandling, and everyday operation. It measures 96 inches long, 48 inches wide, and the height varies from 22 up to 40 inches. The cold-rolled steel provides excellent support thanks to its heavy-duty design and meets the recommended safety standards.
#1. Overhead Storage Rack Heavy Duty
This heavy-duty garage storage rack is what will improve the organization and efficacy in your garage. It fits easily in most spaces and comprises heavy duty construction to handle up to 600 pounds. The accessory is made of industrial steel for toughness and reliability and is powder-coated to prevent corrosion and rust. Installing it is reasonably straightforward courtesy of the step-by-step instructions and simple design. The white unit features a ceiling drop that varies from 24-45 inches and can be customized to suit different areas and needs.
Benefits Of Garage Storage Racks
- Creates more Space: Installing the best garage storage racks goes a long way in creating additional space. An overhand or suspended unit will use the aerial space while adding new space on the ground.
- Improves Organization: Finding objects and arranging items are easier in a garage that has a good storage rack or rack system. You can arrange the tools and equipment, depending on the area of application or design.
- Enhances Safety: Fewer tools scattered on the ground or loosely placed against the wall reduce the chances of it falling on your feet or you knocking them in case of a misstep. Clear spaces allow you to see where you are going, especially in low light sustains.
- Boosts the Value: It’s well-known that a well-organized garage looks more presentable and also adds extra value to the home. In fact, many people who are planning to dispose of a property add a garage storage rack to increase the worth.
- Improves the Appeal: Installing a garage storage rack is the easiest way of enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the space. You have different types of racks and all will improve the appeal in their own unique way.
- Easy Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining a well-organized garage is easier and more convenient than a disorganized one. You’ll have fewer things to move around, you’ll be able to clean the spaces better due to improved lighting, and you will also take a shorter time.
Garage Storage Racks Buying Guide
When you are new garage storage racks, there are some important things that you should have in mind. Knowing the right features can easily lead to choosing the right items for your garage. This buying guide is here to help you out with that, so feel free to take a look.
You want to make sure that your garage storage racks are durable no matter what type you choose. Look for the ones that are made from durable and high-quality materials. This is to ensure that they are both heavy-duty and long-lasting for at least 10 years of use. There is usually the label of guarantees that you can read to see how long they can last which is so easy.
Another important thing is definitely the amount of space that the storage rack offers. You have to choose the ones that have enough space to store all the items that you have. That way, you won’t have to spend too much on multiple racks at all which is so convenient.
In case you go for the ones with caster wheels, you want to make sure that they are strong enough to handle everything. The best garage storage racks should be stable and sturdy, and they shouldn’t shake when you move them. This ensures that your items and tools are all safe even if you have to move them around. Even better, some even allow you to adjust the level and height of shelves to meet your need as well. Many of them come with that, so don’t forget to look for one if you find it interesting.
There are different types that garage storage racks come with for you to choose from. Each type is great and unique in their own way, and those are:
- Adjustable Rail Shelves: allow you to move the shelves along with the rail system. You can use them for cart parts, woodworking tools, and many more. In fact, you can fit pretty much anything that fits onto the shelves which are simply convenient.
- Metal Shelves: are very strong, and you can store heavy items on them with ease. This type is actually a go-to for professionals out there to store car parts, heavy tools, and many more. The shelf design also allows you to easily organize the items neatly as well which is a total plus.
- Self-Enclosed Shelves: also go by the name of garage cabinets, can be either freestanding or wall-mounted. They are ideal for items that need to be secured such as combustible liquids or hazardous materials.
- Wire Shelves: come in a mesh pattern with holes, so it is not ideal for tiny items that are bolts or nuts. That is why wire shelves are more ideal for larger objects such as bins, car paints, and more.
- Wooden Shelves: work similarly to metal shelves, but they are less heavy-duty and strong. The wooden shelves are more ideal for light objects such as hand tools and other lightweight items.
By choosing the best garage storage racks, you’ll not only improve the appeal and organization in the garage but also make it much safer. Can you imagine accidentally stepping on a sharp tool, or falling because of bumping into equipment? You’ll spend lots of time and effort rummaging through the scattered tools and you risk a tool falling over your head because of poorly constructed cabinets. The best way to avoid such issues is by fitting the best garage storage racks that money can buy. Choose wisely for peace-of-mind.