People nowadays are looking for the best hot plates as they are a preferred choice for people who have limited spaces or are looking for portability. They are ideal for a small studio or apartment, RVs, dorm room, and many other situations. Despite their small size, they still allow you to prepare quality meals with minimal ease. In fact, you can still enjoy a five-course gourmet meal while on the road.
However, finding the right item isn’t always that easy. You have to choose between the traditional electric, infrared or the more common induction type, and also decide whether to go for a single or double burner. You also need to pay attention to the size, weight, power source, material (stainless steel, cast iron, ceramic, tempered glass, plastic…), wattage, control panel, safety features, cleaning ease, price and much more. Well, you don’t need to struggle anymore. Simple peruse this list of the best hot plate in 2021 reviews and make a wise choice.
List Of The Best Hot Plate In 2021
- Freestanding (counter-top) application
- Dual functions: Cook (power) & Warm
- 13 Keep Warm settings (100-120-140-160-180-190-210-230-250-280-320-350-390 Degree Fahrenheit)
- Touch-sensitive panel with control knob; Up to 9 hours and 59 minutes off- timer
- The USA & Canada ETL Certified Electric Stove Induction Cooktop designed and engineered in the USA by Empava Appliances with 2 Years US Based Manufacturer Warranty.
- The flawless Empava smooth vitro ceramic glass surface allows for effortless cleanup, manufactured without the release of hazardous metals into the ground and withstands intense heat without cracking or chipping. Approved for installation over any Empava brand 24 in. under-counter single wall ovens. Most stainless steel and cast-iron cookware are induction compatible.
- Hot Surface indicator - An "H" will appear in the surface cooking area display let you know when elements are hot to the touch with just a glance. Pan size sensor heats the element to the size of your cookware and turns off when no pan is present for safety and more efficient cooking. With induction cooking, heat is generated directly in the cookware, so the cooktop stays cooler to the touch, with child control lock feature prevents unintended activation for added safety.
- Enjoy minimal cleanup with stain and heat discoloration resistant spills can’t burn onto the surface, easy-to-clean vitro ceramic smooth surface glass will provide you with a reliable cooktop for years to come.
- 9 Power Level settings from 100W up to total of 1800W power sharing. It has a heating level from as low as 100w to fast boiling, accurate and easy temperature changes at the touch of a button, boil, stew, fry, stir fry, switch from one mode to another as needed, making cooking easy and enjoyable.
- [🍳 1800W DOUBLE BURNERS & EASY TO CONTROL] - Techwood hot plate heats efficiently with 2 thermostatically controlled heat settings conveniently to cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Also you can use it as extra burner to keep food warm.
- [🍳 ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE] - Techwood electric stove can be used with any type of cookware in your home, such as aluminium pans, copper pans, cast lron frying pans and non-magnetic stainless steel pans can heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. And stainless steel body to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool.
- [🍳 MULTIPURPOSE & PORTABLE] - Techwood double burner used compact and flat design makes it perfect for dorms, studios, RV/caravans, work, camping, everyday use or as an extra cooking appliance in the busy kitchen. Because of its small and light size, you can easily to used in confined spaces or anywhere.
- [🍳 POWERFUL & SAFE] - Powered by 1800W, it heats up food faster than conventional cooking ranges. Modern brushed stainless steel housing. Non-slip feet for stable cooking. Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool and comfortable during cooking. Ergonomic design ensuring safe transport and stays cool on the stovetop. Also, compared to induction cookers, electric cooktop is safe to use and doesn’t emit harmful radiation.
- [🍳 PROMISE] - Techwood offers an excellent fan-favorite 18-months promise and friendly customer service, our customer service will be online all the time to help you. All Techwood products are protected by US Product Liability Insurance. See the instruction manual for details.
- [All Types Of Cookware]--CUSIMAX Double Hot Plate is suitable for All Type of Cookware. Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.4 + 6.1 inches. Works with glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss.
- [Convenient & Cooking Independently]--No stovetop required. Our electric burner features adjustable temperature control and non slip feet, help you enjoy cooking time freely and easily. Cooking two dishes with our double hot plates at the same time. Great for every day use or as an extra cooking appliance in a busy kitchen.
- [Safety & Easy to Clean]--Temperature is regulated by a thermostat. Black Stainless steel body built to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool. Smooth Stainless steel body not only built to withstand frequent use and good- looking.
- [Multipurpose]--This compact burner can cook in smaller spaces. cook food including warm sauces, decoct steak, grilled cheese, boil water, make soup, cook pasta and vegetables and do so much more. The heating light may cycle on and off during operation. This cycling is normal and indicates that the correct temperature is being maintained.
- [Customer Service]--CUSIMAX offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free return policy. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual. (Note: It is normal the machine will get hot because it has higher calorific value when it works.The heating light may cycle on and off during operation.)
- 2 heavy-duty cast iron plates for durability. Dimensions(LWH)-5.75 x 22.50 x 15.25 inches
- Powerful 1800 watts of power for quick heat-up and heat retention throughout cooking cycle - primary burner: 1300 watts + Secondary burner: 500 watts
- Two separate 6-setting adjustable temperature controls
- Ready and safety "on" indicator lights. Independent adjustable thermostats with On and Ready indicator lights
- Non-slip feet for total stability while cooking
- Magnetic cookware, or more accurately, induction-capable, is needed for induction to work. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of the pot, it will work with an induction cooktop. Please make sure you have the proper cookware for it to function properly.
- The NuWave PIC has 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings, but has the flexibility to cook at 52 different temperatures between 100°F and 575°F, adjustable in 10-degree increments.
- The NuWave PIC is equipped with programmable stage cooking functionality with up to 100 hours of program memory and performance.
- Uses up to 70% less energy than conventional gas or electric ranges, lightweight and portable. Versatility to boil, simmer, deep-fry, stir-fry, saute, steam and sear, slow cook, barbecue, melt and grill.
- The NuWave PIC boasts state-of-the-art safety features such as automatic shut-off when an induction-ready pan is removed from base, pan sold separately.
- Heavy Duty – Constructed of extra durable die-cast metal with a solid surface design that prevents food from spilling down inside the hot plate
- Four Temperature Settings – choose from four different heating settings: Warm, Low, Medium and High, to cook and serve virtually any dish
- 15% Faster Heating – At a powerful 1000 wattage, cooks foods at high heat with no open flame making it more efficient and safer than most traditional stovetops
- Extend Your Kitchen – Compact design that takes up little counterspace, is easily transportable so that you can pack it away and take with you on trips, and makes for convenient storage
- Highly Compatible – Suitable for all types of pots and pans including glass and aluminum cookware with a maximum size of 6 inches
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, RVs, boats, etc.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY Choose from 15 preset power levels 200W to 1800W and 15 preset temperature level settings 140 F to 460 F. With an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times
- EASY TO CLEAN & VIEW With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the oversized glass cooktop, making the induction burner easy to clean just wipe with a damp towel. The angle control panel with a large display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION READY COOKWARE Induction stoves rely on cookware to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
- Heavy-duty cast iron plate
- 1300-watt large plate
- 6-setting adjustable temperature control from low to highest heat
- Ready and On indicator lights
- "Coil-less" cooking surface for easy cleanup
Last update on 2022-01-20 at 18:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#10. Induction Cooktop With Control Knob, Black
- By: SPT
- Wattage: 1650
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 14.2 x 11 x 2.5 in.
- Weight: 5.5 lb.
Rated at 1650 watts and coming on a single burner, this micro-induction cooktop is perfect for small spaces. It is targeted for users who desire professional results and also want portability. Also, the device is without a doubt among the sleekest and well -designed units on the market.
According to consumers, they love its portability, compact nature, fast heating, and suitability with a range of pots and pans. They also love the way it conserves energy and keeps the surrounding cool. Most, however, would have liked if the timer went beyond the 10-hour mark.
#9. Deluxe 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop, Black
- By: Maximatic
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 13.3 x 12.5 x 2.6 in.
- Weight: 8.2 lb.
If you are looking for a powerful and portable cooktop, the Max Burton 6200 is worth a thought. Although made from stainless steel, the unit is relatively light and easy to carry around. Furthermore, it comes with decent controls and a user-friendly LED display.
And to improve safety, the cooktop features an inline fuse, overheat sensor, and auto-shutoff. It’s a popular choice because it’s well-built heats up relatively fast, and is also user-friendly. It, however, works with 120-volt power sources only.
#8. Hot Plate Portable Electric Stove 1800W Countertop Double Burner
- By: Techwood
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: –
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 9.9 x 4.3 in.
- Weight: 8.83 lbs.
Efficiency and reliability are what this induction cooktop from Techwood seeks to deliver. Made from a combination of melamine and glass, the unit is not light and portable but also easy to clean. It will resist scratches, stains, or fading thanks to the quality construction and ultras smooth finish.
On top of that, the non-slip design minimizes accidents or spills, whereas the decently-sized LCD display together with the reliable timer offers better control. Unfortunately, it’s only rated to work with 120 volts AC.
#7. 1800W Double Hot Plates, Cast Iron Hot Plates
- By: CUSIMAX
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 4.3 x 10.5 in.
- Weight: 9.08 lb.
This cooktop is ideal for camping, hostels, caravans, camping, vacation homes, offices, homes, students, and many other places. It’s well built from sturdy stainless steel to withstand day-to-day use.
Furthermore, the two burners improve speed and functionality while the auto-shutoff function and temperature thermostat prevent accidental burning of food. It’s also straightforward to clean and maintain the courtesy of the smooth and sleek surface. However, the device doesn’t support 220-240volts AC power.
#6. Cast-Iron Double Burner, Stainless Steel
- By: Cuisinart
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: Cast iron, Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 22.5 x 15.2 in.
- Weight: 10.6 lb.
This coil-less double burner by Cuisinart is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. It built from heavy-duty cast-iron that assures you of longevity whereas the non-slip feet prevent the unit from moving when cooking. Also, the larger burner is suitable for larger meals, while the smaller one is adequate for small quantities.
To give you better control, each burner comes with its adjustable temperature control. Consumers love its portability, fast heating, versatility, and space-saving nature. Some, however, find the gap between the two burners a bit small for large pots or pans.
#5. Precision Induction Cooktop
- By: NuWave
- Wattage: –
- Material: Steel
- Dimensions: 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 in.
- Weight: 7.0 lb.
Cooking even in small spaces is much more comfortable with the NuWave PIC. It comes with a wide range of temperature that allows you to select the best for the need at hand. The 10-degree increment provides more accuracy, and you can store the settings in the 100-hour program. Moreover, this versatile accessory will boil saute, steam, simmer, stir-fry, deep-fry, melt, barbecue, grill, slow cook, and more.
You also don’t have to worry about food sticking on the surface since it’s effortless to clean. Users love its good heat distribution, quality construction, user-friendly design, and 100-hour programming. You nonetheless need to use cookware from the same brand or quality stainless steel for the best results.
#4. Single Hot Plate, Black
- By: Aroma Housewares
- Wattage: –
- Material: Die-Cast
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 3.1 x 8.5 in.
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
This single hotplate will make preparing meals even in small spaces very convenient. It comes in a decent size and compact design that makes carrying easy and convenient. Though small, it produces high energy to cook even large and demanding meals.
Nonetheless, you get the option of choosing the preferred temperature courtesy of the adjustable settings. Last but not least, the On-indicator light alerts you when it’s on while the die-cast construction provides strength and durability.
#3. 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black
- By: Secura
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: Die-Cast
- Dimensions: 14 x 11.4 x 2.1 in.
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.
This cooktop from Secura not only looks good but also works quite. Despite its relatively small nature, it delivers very decent power and will handle even the heavy metals. Also, the portable unit comes with up to 15 power and temperatures settings to suit different needs.
It’s also highly practical and works with a wide array of cookware. Other than it’s lightweight, compactness, and versatility, users also love its good response and smooth operation. The only issue is that it won’t work with 240V power sources.
#2. 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
- By: Secura
- Wattage: 1800
- Material: –
- Dimensions: 13 x 11.5 x 2.5 in.
- Weight: 6.9 lbs.
The gold induction cooktop is quite stylish and will look good in most kitchens. It’s also very light, and carrying isn’t a problem. The unit heats up pretty fast and also maintains content temperatures for the best cooking.
You can also make use of the 10 power levels and 10 temperatures setting to achieve the precise temperature. Furthermore, this accessory is well-priced, provides instant heat control, and is also easy to use. It, however, may not meet electrical standards in regions outside America.
#1. Cast-Iron Single Burner, Stainless Steel
- By: Cuisinart
- Wattage: 1300
- Material: Stainless steel, Cast iron
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 15.4 x 13.8 in.
- Weight: 6.8 lbs.
This Cuisinart single burner cooktop takes the stress out of cooking. It’s perfect for both small and large kitchens and can also be indoors and outdoors. Furthermore, the well-made accessory occupies very little space and comes with the famed coil-less design that is more energy-efficient and too easy to maintain and clean.
Also, the cast-iron construction gives its strength and extends its life, whereas the polished stainless steel makes it very elegant and trendy. Users love this cooktop because it’s very easy to carry around, saves space, and selecting the temperature is simple and straightforward. It, however, needs some time to cool down completely.
Working Principle And Advantages Of Hot Plates
The hot plate is generally electrically operated. This kind of electric equipment is depended on the electric heating and alloy wire heating material. In its manufacturing, there is the inclusion of the materials like MICA-soft board as insulation material. There is a special coating made with thermal conductivity materials like stainless steel plate. Similar to an electric thermos, the electric hot plate is regarded as one of the most typical types of heating equipment. First, let’s look at the working principle and then its advantages:
Principle of The Hot Plates
The working principle of the hot plate is the heating effect that heats the material inside for electric wires. Its working is further facilitated through the electrical wiring and the electric wire will heat. The electric energy present inside the heat energy will get transferred to the outer shell. It is known that the heating plates are specially designed with insulation materials. These materials make sure there will be no security risk.
Advantages of Hot Plates
The heating plates boast thin flat plate design that facilitates uniform heating and simplicity of installation. There is the use of stainless steel, ceramics and some other materials in the making of its outer shell. Moreover, the electric heating alloy wire is enclosed within its structure, so closed heating is facilitated. Throughout working, there will be no foul smell or any safety concerns. It is observed that a hot plate is a highly portable device so you can carry it anywhere and use it. Actually, there are two sizes of hot plates available on the present market. Being highly portable, it can be utilized on the tabletop in the form of a standalone device. The key advantage of a hot plate is that it does not demand any other external resource other than electricity to operate.
In addition to the normal applications, the hot plate is also widely used in a laboratory to heat samples. One of the key advantages is that it owns the capability to heat the sample in the absence of any exposed flames. This device can be used on a regular basis for temperature exceeding up to 100 degrees and even higher.
The type of material you choose decides how much benefit you will get. For example, the flat plate is more beneficial to use. Generally, the hot plate can be prepared from materials like aluminum, ceramic, or enamel. The aluminum heating plate is capable of distributing the heat uniformly, quickly and efficiently. Also, there will be no much troubles while cleaning and maintenance. However, you just need to take care of corrosion.
There you go – the best of the best hot plates in 2021. Listing them down was however not easy since modern accessories are highly advanced, offer better performance, are energy efficient and also compatible with any cookware. Today’s hot plates are more ergonomic, user-friendly, and will last for a long time if handled as recommended by the manufacturer. All-in-all, the above-mentioned Hot Plates are the top, and you will find them worth the time, effort as well as money.
Choosing the right hot plates shouldn’t be a problem anymore. You also don’t have to examine each item available or spend lots of effort and time searching. All you need is base your decision on this top 10 best hot plates in 2021 reviews and pick one or two products from the list.