This article is updated on December 2, 2020 | By:
The food preparation is one of the most vital tasks and there must be no compromises in the equipment used. Using improper kitchen appliances may let you end up with poor quality food preparation with the bad taste too. In order to enhance the effectiveness of food preparation, there are lots of food processors available on the market. Every time, it may not be required to use the average-sized food processors, so it is best to use the best mini food processors. These handy cooking tools are made compact in size to perfectly fit in any space. They will assist you with the tasty food quickly and effortlessly regardless of your working space.
It is generally observed that these models work identically to the full-sized processors except that they are a bit less versatile. Moreover, they are capable of processing both soft and hard foods. They work at the best when you wish to prepare pesto and curry paste. One of the key benefits of using these mini food processors is they are portable and easy to move around. Continue reading below to know more about the best mini food processors:
List Of Best Mini Food Processors In 2021
#1. Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
Incorporating 250-watt motor, this tiny sized food processor unit delivers high efficiency during the use. The brand Cuisinart specially included the auto-reversing smartpower blade for presenting two efficient processing options. Furthermore, it included a stainless steel devised blade with blunt and sharp edges, spatula and recipe book. All the contained part is dishwasher-safe so there will be no harm during the use. Ideally, this Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor unit is capable to handle an extensive myriad of recipe preparation jobs. The same covers grinding, slicing, emulsifying, pureeing, and combining.
The provision of the pulse activation offers unprecedented control for accurate processing whether you need to grind or chop. With all these benefits, this Cuisinart is among the best mini food processors in the list.
#2. 7-Cup Food Processor Chop
Now you can process everything from tomatoes to cheeses with the use of this 7-cup food processor unit. The efficiency of the same is further increased by the reversible medium slicing/shredding disc as well as a multi-purpose blade. There is the special inclusion of a one-click, twist-free bowl assembly along with a latched lid to simplify the setup process. The entire unit is simple to clean using the leak-resistant work bowl. This means that less food would get trapped inside the bowl and lid. The large capacity of 7-cup and advanced features make this appliance as the best mini food processors from KitchenAid.
#3. Mini-Prep Processor
The Cuisinart DLC-1SS food processor unit is found perfect for small food preparation tasks in your kitchen. Its overall compact size occupies the minimum counter space yet boasts more power than other appliances. With this mini-prep processor, you will be able to chop, grind, dice, mince, etc. different food ingredients. The provision of the 2-speed operation allows you to choose the one based on your needs. Since the instruction/recipe book is included in the box, you will be able to improve your culinary skills. This set contains a spatula and a cleaning brush to discard coffee grounds.
#4. 400-Watt Blender/Food Processor
The Ninja 400W food processor unit in the present discussion is useful for chopping, frozen blending, and food preparation. The major components include a 48-ounce pitcher and 16-ounce chopper bowl. The inclusion of broad no-slip bases and splash guards available on the pitcher and chopper makes sure everything stays steady and clean. To enhance convenience during use, this Ninja food processor houses the storage lids. These lids will always keep your food fresh. Furthermore, every removable part is dishwasher-safe. The ergonomic operation is conveyed with the inclusion of one-touch pulsing. All such aspects make this 400W unit one of the best mini food processors.
#5. Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
Identified as one of the best mini food processors, this compact 24-ounce processor is probably the perfect assistance for preparation of small food. You will be able to use this appliance from Cuisinart for chopping herbs and crushing big chunk of cheese. It boasts excellent versatility so it is a multi-purpose food processor unit. Inside the unit, there is the inclusion of the automatically reversing blade. This blade enhances the versatility and makes the food processing easy. The entire working operation is simplified for the users. This is because this unit comes with a simple push-button control panel.
The process of food processing will be made simple by the 3-cup plastic work bowl. During its operation, this appliance will chop and grind ingredients using the stainless-steel devised blade designed in a reversible manner. The incorporated touchpad features are simple to implement and simple to clean. Most of the included parts are dishwasher-safe.
#6. Electric Food Chopper, 5-Cup Food Processor
The Homeleader electrically operated food chopper houses a powerful motor for the purpose of meat chopping. This type of motor is not found in other food processor units. Basically, this 5-cup unit works quickly and boasts of high durability. The soft plastic grip at the base makes sure this processor will not shake. Moreover, there is a glass bowl included for precise measurements. Inside this unit, the double blade increases the chopping speed and makes your investment valuable. Actually, this food processor is a time-saver kitchen appliance that works faster than cutting by hand.
It will be quite simple to slice salad ingredients, chop onions, mix sauces or puree soups, and many more in a few seconds. In order to fulfill the standard home needs, this unit comes with the 1.2L capacity. This capacity is enough for family and party. Within a few seconds, this electric machine’s glass bowl and blades can be cleaned. To employ stable operation, the brand has included the non-slip rubber ring.
#7. 8-Cup Food Processor
Known as a meat processor, this 8 cup food processor is designed in classic black color design. With the 8 cup bowl capacity, a large volume of ingredients can be accommodated inside. Moreover, this Aicok machine comes with the 5 cups of liquid ingredients. This bowl is BPA-free and comes with the measurement markings for everyday use. In this unit, the included feeding tube is made sufficiently large to firmly hold an entire block of cheese.
With the special provision of the stainless steel slice disc and S-blade, the users will be able to shred, slice, grate, puree, and chop different ingredients. All these mentioned tasks can be accomplished quickly and easily. The best part about this food processor unit is it comes with the powerful 500W motor which is equipped with the 2 speeds settings. This aspect makes this machine one of the best mini food processors.
Being dishwasher safe, this Aicok machine is quite simple to assemble. All the detachable parts can be easily cleaned and washed. One of the supreme benefits of using this 8 cup food processor is it comes with a safety interlock system. This system makes sure you will always stay safe during use.
#8. Sous Chef Food Processor
If you need to transform nuts into nut butter or perfectly slice carrots or chopping, shredding, kneading or dicing then this food processor is the best choice. It delivers the perfect results every time you use it. With the availability of the 3 feed chute options and 8 precision tools, this unit is known as one of the best mini food processors. The wide feed chute cuts lengthy slices and speeds up the food processor. Furthermore, the mini-feed chute avoids the long thin ingredients from tipping over while slicing.
In the box, you will find 3 blades and 5 versatile discs. To accurately show the readings, the brand has included the LCD display displays and count up and countdown auto timer. The included accessory storage box could be stored vertically or horizontally according to the storage space.
#9. 8 Cup Food Processor
By: Amazon Renewed
Belonging from the well-known brand Cuisinart, this 8 cup food processor comes with lots of features. Basically, this version of the cooking workhorse would prove highly useful for a variety of food preparation tasks in kitchen. It can be used for slicing, chopping, cubing, pureeing, etc. Basically, this 8 cup food processor machine incorporates the thick as well as thin slicing in reversible manner. Also, it incorporates shredding discs beneficial to process vegetables or to finely chop the perfectly sized small vegetables.
#10. Compact Food Processor
By: Hamilton Beach
The Hamilton Beach best mini food processors, as shown above, are capable to accommodate both huge and small ingredients. This directly implies that you have to spend less time on cutting ingredients. This saved time can be invested in cooking other recipes. This efficiently working food processor contains includes a 10 cup capacity bowl. This bowl size is considered perfect for most of your home cooking requirements. There is the special availability of the bowl scraper attachment on either side of the bowl. They will assist to keep ingredients near to the blades for presenting consistent results. The same will also save you time while cutting or pureeing. There will be no need to discard the lid in order to use a spatula.
Factors To Look For When Buying A Mini Food Processor
The mini food processors prove to be the perfect alternative to an average-sized food processor in case there are space concerns in your kitchen. It may happen that you may not demand all features incorporated inside a regular food processor. For such cases, a mini food processor will be an ideal choice. There are few people who prefer these mini food processors because they are single and facilitates small cooking tasks. When there is no need for using the larger sized processors, then such processors are the best choices.
You will be benefitted from their compact size used for chopping salads and meals. Though the full-sized processors are suitable for tasks like grinding meat or kneading the dough, the mini food processors are ideal for small tasks. Therefore, they are great for dicing herbs, chopping nuts, mincing garlic, and many more. Take a look at the factors to consider while buying a mini food processor:
Generally, mini food processors are comprehensive in nature. They perform a wide range of functions, so you want the appliance to work efficiently. It is known that the 600W motor is the minimum requirement. There are some mini food processors that come with higher capacities. Moreover, some of the models come with 1000W motors.
A powerful motor in the mini food processors usually come with the 400 to 600 watts power. This power is sufficient to drive the entire operation. It is this power that provides enough energy to drive blade rotation. Therefore, it will be quite easy to dice even the hardest of veggies or squash ice cubes to slush. The implementation of the motor mechanism generates minimal noise throughout the operation. Moreover, the majority of these units would tend to have a high and low motor setting allowing you to vary the power of motor as per the food processing needs. But there are few mini processors that are equipped with motor power as low as 200W. The same will work excellently if your food prep is minimal.
In simple terms, the food processor is an ideal blend of the grinder and mixer. It is possible to use the mini food processors to beat eggs and whip up creams. Under such situations, you would require these compact-sized units to work at different speeds. You need to search for the processor units that come with multiple speed options. Few of these units are equipped with two-speed settings, whereas a majority of them possess three-speed settings. Moreover, some of these units come with a pulse setting to allow it to whip up the creams.
The mini food processors are presented in a wide range of sizes differing from the 7-cup chopper to the 20-cup variants. Generally, the capacity of such a food processor relies on the size of the family. The typically available mini food processors are suitable for 4 to 5 persons in a family. Therefore, a 10-attachment food processor is perfect.
On the market, there are many different reputed brands like Philips, Baja, Inalsa, etc. It is the best idea to purchase these units from any of these popular brands. Based on your budget and requirement, you will be able to choose from any of these well-known brands.
Availability Of The Service Centers
The majority of the mini food processors are equipped with a 2-year warranty on the product. Besides, they come with a 5-year warranty on the motor. But the plastic parts actually do not come under the warranty. Moreover, it is better to check the availability of the service centers present in your city before making your purchase.
Whenever you purchase a mini food processor, the material utilized for construction must be BPA-free. The term BPA stands for an industrial chemical recognized as Bisphenol A which is widely used in making resins and polycarbonate plastics. The research is still ongoing on the influences of BPA on health. However, most companies that deal with plastic refrain from using the same in their products. It is known that the BPA is safe at the current levels existing in foods. But, in order to stay on a safe side, you need to use the BPA-free mini food processors. The same proves to be an essential consideration while selecting the best quality mini food processor.
The standard features present inside the best quality mini food processor incorporate a powerful motor, stainless steel or ceramic blades, a two to eight cup chopper bowl, multi-tasking options, high and low power motor settings, BPA-free plastic, and a warranty. It is true that the cost of these processors would differ from one manufacturer to another based on design, type of construction, materials used, and the motor’s power. Also, they are equipped with multi-tasking potential and high efficiency. Usually, the price varies from two digits to three digits in dollars. You may consider some supplementary features like the speed settings, overload protection, quality of workmanship, and many more.
Buying Guide Of Mini Food Processors
In order to buy the best mini food processor, you need to check a few parameters minutely. The following is the list of those parameters to need to examine to get the best value for your money.
- Versatility: Most of the models of these-days mini food processors come with the interchangeable blades. You need to keep your eyes on these models. So, you can quickly grate, slice, dice, mince and chop vegetables, meats, fruits, and other different food items with a single appliance. Apart from that, you have to select a food chopper which offers a really sharp and non-breakable blade. The rustproof stainless steel blades are the ideal for chopping foods. You have to invest a very little time for cleaning and maintaining the blades.
- Food Processor Type: You get both the manual and electric food choppers on the market. The manual food processor allows you to manually operate the chopping, whereas the electric one runs with electrical power. It is obvious to select an electric motor driven mini food processor over a manual one. If you want a travel-friendly food processor, then the manual one is ideal for you. On the other hand, it’s better to buy an electric food chopper if you want to minimize your physical labor. While owning an electric food processor, you need to opt for a high horsepower motor. It’s better to buy a food processor with a minimum 600-watt motor.
- Capacity: This is a smaller version of a food processor. So, naturally, it comes with a small bowl capacity. In that case, the mini food processors are also available in different shapes or sizes. A mini food processor generally comes with a food holding capacity of 2/3 to 14 cups. Before owning one, you have to look for how much capacity you actually need for your home. It is always better to buy a mini food processor with large opening for easy loading and cleaning option.
- Noise Level: You need to select a mini food processor which comes with the noise level from 68 to 90-dB. The noise level above that can cause severe stress. To have a quiet operation, you have to own a mini food processor with the 68-dB noise level.
- Cost-Effective: The mini food processor of different brands comes with various quality, function, and prices. All you have to do is to spend your money over the worthy one. You need to go for the one which is not too much high or low in price. It is better to select a feasible one with good quality and functions.
- Added Features: Some of the mini food processors in the market include the added features like a timer and an LCD. This function helps you get more accurate and carefree chopping of any foods. You just have to set the timer and let the processor do its job. So, the additional functionality of this food processor is also a must-have feature if you are going to buy one.
- Leakproof Design: It is essential to grab a mini food processor with a leakage-proof ring and a particular locking system. The ordinary mini choppers do not offer you this facility. Without this mechanism, many of the processors can create a mess in your kitchen. So, it is crucial to get a leakproof mini food processor to save your extra effort in the kitchen.
- Storage Case: It’s good to buy a mini food processor, which accommodates a convenient storage case for all your blades. This helps you to easily store and organize the food processor with ease. If you have a small space in the kitchen, then you need to go for a detachable mini food processor with a compact design. Most of the mini food processors in the market involve a space-saving design.
- Power Consumption: You need to own a mini food processor, which is highly energy efficient. Otherwise, owning an electric mini food processor will be expensive dealing. You have to look for a food chopper which consumes lesser power and delivers more motor rotation or RPM.
Benefits Of Mini Food Processors
- Time Saver: Using the device means you are saving plenty of time by minimizing the effort you put in cutting vegetables. This machine is designed for chopping various foods, like veggies, meats, chocolate, and other more food items within minutes without creating any mess in your kitchen.
- Minimize Your Effort: There are so many different types of food processor in the market. Some of them are manual, and some are electronic motor-driven. You do not need to put extra effort when you are using an electronic one. You need to opt for the manual one if you want to use it almost anywhere, without any electrical connection. It generally comes with the capacity of chopping 1 to 4 cups of foods at once. So, you do not have to use knives for mincing or chopping vegetables anymore.
- Safe and Easy to Use: Unlike knives, you do not need to make anybody-contact cut or grind foods in a mini food processor. Using this food chopper can keep you safe from cutting your hands. With its simple mechanism, you can efficiently operate the mini food processor. So, you need to choose a mini food processor, which involves no critical tool. The device consists of different interchangeable blades for dicing, chopping, mincing or grinding.
- Hygienic Way: Generally, a mini food processor comes with the food-grade plastic construction to offer a hygienic way to cut vegetables and other food items. You do not need to use your hands very often to chop them. So, the nutritional value of the food remains intact when you use food chopper.
- Compact Design: Maximum of the recent-days mini food processors come with a convenient design for an easy storage option in your kitchen. So, you can easily place them on the countertop or tabletop as well as you can place them in your kitchen drawer.
- Portability: The mini food processor has to be compact and ideal transportability. So, you can carry them almost everywhere you go. Primarily, it’s good to own a mini food processor, if you have a toddler in your family. A mini food processor allows quick, simple, and healthy food processing both at home or outdoor.
- Easily Cleanable: A mini food processor supports a simple cleaning. Maximum of the mini food processors come with the detachable parts, so you can individually wash them. You have to look for a food chopper which is dishwasher safe. So, you have to put minimal effort to make it clean.
Besides, a mini food processor comes with the stainless steel blades, as they are very much resistant to rust. The stain-resistant body of a food chopper makes it look fresh and new all the time.
The best mini food processors discussed above are capable of handling a wide range of food processing tasks. They come with enough accessories to let you use them as required. Their small size makes sure much space is not occupied in your kitchen.