The right outdoor motion sensors lights will help to improve the security around your home, office, and workshop and other property. It will automatically turn-on after sensing movement, and this will scare away the intruder, whether an authorized person or an animal. The light will stay on briefly then switch off, and this helps to lower the cost of energy.
There are many types of products on the market. Some run via the mains, others are battery-powered amend you will also find solar-powered units. It is necessary to first research and compares the available options before spending money on a unit. This review sheds more light on the best outdoor motion sensor lights in 2020.
List of The Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights in 2020
Last update on 2020-04-23 at 08:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#7 Mr. Beams MB330 Outdoor Motion Sensor Light and Photocell, White
By: Mr. Beams
This battery-powered LED light is fit for the outdoors including deck garden, patio, r garage, pavement, and porch. It is motion-activated and automatically lights up at the slightest movement, and this keeps the intruders at bay and ensuring you, your family, guest, and items are safe at all times.
Moreover, the accessory is made of a weather-resistant material to bear the heat, strong sunshine, wind, rain and other elements. Installing the spotlight is easy and needs the basic tools and a little time. With a brightness rating of 140 lumens, you are assured of good brightness and a decent coverage.
#6 Avaspot Wireless Waterproof Solar Powered Motion Sensor Solar Light
Featuring 30 LEDs, this wireless light will make your property much safer. The 4 pack unit has an exclusive design for easy installation and to provide plenty of lighting despite its small size. It can pick movement as far as 26 feet and stays on for a considerable period to scare off the unauthorized person.
On top of that, the solar-powered unit works great in decks, patios, backyards, gardens and other situations and is also energy efficient. It keeps the charge for a long time and also recharges relatively fast. The unit is IP64 rated and won’t be harmed by rain or water.
- Read Also: Reviews of Best Solar Spot Lights
#5 LEPOWER Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights, 28W, 2500LM
Made of a durable and robust die-cast aluminum material, this outdoor motion sensor light will make your property feel more secure than before. It features ultra brought LED that generates up to 2500 lumens of brightness. The unit can handle the vibrations, heat and the elements quite well and is easy to adjust.
In addition to that, the 180-degree wide sensing angle, together with the 50-feet range, makes it a good choice for most applications. These include garage, patio, backyard, garden, stairs, entryway and much more. The unit can deliver 50,000 hours or more of quality lighting and can save up to 80% of the energy.
#4 LEONLITE 20W Dual-Head Motion-Activated Outdoor Security Light
Capable of providing 5000K Daylight, this motion-activated LED light is what you need to improve the security of your home, office or any other premises. The waterproof unit can endure heavy rainfall, whereas the sturdy casing can withstand the high heat, wind, contact from animals, and more.
Additionally, it’s a good fit for the garage, porch, backyard, garden and other places. The super bright 20W LED is equivalent to a 120 halogen and provides good illumination. The coverage and light distribution are also good.
#3 LEPOWER 28W Motion Sensor Lights, 2500LM
With a wide sensing angle of 180 degrees, these motion sensor lights are suitable for most outdoor applications. Fixing the unit on a post, pole, wall, or frame is easy and takes a few minutes. The sensors reach as far as 50 feet and are very sensitive to detect even the slightest movement.
What’s more, the easy-to-adjust heads and lens allow you to vary the coverage and angle, whereas the long-lasting unit gives 50,000 hours or more of quality lighting. The IP65 rated unit is waterproof and can withstand heavy downpour and are also energy efficient.
#2 Litom Wireless Outdoor Motion Sensor Solar Lights
Don’t is caught off guard by an intruder or even an animal. Simply fit this motion-sensing lights in the backyard, driveway, deck, patio, garden or any other outdoor location. The unit may look smaller than some of its rivaling brands but is among the brightest. It has good coverage, and two units will provide 360-degree coverage.
Moreover, fitting the light on a pole, post, the wall only takes a few minutes and should stay steady even in strong winds. The sturdily built case is tolerant to water, heat, rain, movements and lasts for a long time.
#1 URPOWER Solar Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
Scaring off the intruder is easier if you fit this outdoor motion sensor lights. It fits on the patio, deck, garden, yard and other places. Also, it is powerful and has an excellent range to cater for varied applications and is made of weather-resistant materials to tolerate the wet weather, heat, and wind.
Furthermore, it is IP64 waterproof and won’t be affected by rain or moisture. Installing and adjusting the unit is easy, thanks to its simple design. And although it has LED lights, the brightness is very good, and it’s also energy efficient.
Choosing The Right Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights:
The following aspects are critical when planning to search for the best motion sensor light for outdoor use:
- Sensitivity: A good product is very sensitive and will pick up the slightest movements. The common technologies for motion detection include Passive Infrared (PIR), Microwave (MW), and Dual Technology (both PIR and Microwave).
- Range: The effective range varies from light to light. Measuring the area or distance before acquiring a product helps to pick the right one. If it’s too far, then it will pick motions beyond your perimeter, and if too short then it won’t have good coverage.
- Light intensity: A good item shines an adequate light for easy and clear senility in the dark. The brightness is measured/indicted in lumens and the higher the rating, the more brightness. Other than good viewing it also scares off the intruder.
- Head design: The item can come with a single or dual head. The latter has excellent coverage, and top types can have 360-degree coverage.
- Power: Modern units are more advanced and energy-efficient than earlier types. A small unit will have high luminosity but consumes lesser energy. You need to look at the wattage to ascertain the power consumption.
- Weather friendliness: Since the lights are designed for outdoor use, they need to be resistant to the elements. The case shouldn’t be strong, waterproof, windproof, and also tamperproof.
- Energy source: The motion sensing lights run via the mains, built-in rechargeable battery, or solar power. Each type has its key advantages and disadvantages. For instance, solar powered can be installed anywhere even off the grid. However, they won’t work when there is no sunshine. Electric/mains powered units provide lighting even on cloudy days but will only work on the grid.
- Other: Other important things include price, installation ease, energy efficiency, price, and adjustability.
When you acquire the best outdoor motion sensor lights, they will help to improve the security of your property. The lights are available in various designs, styles, colors, sizes and run via different power sources. What may appeal to you may not be another person’s top choice. It may be a little bright or too dim, the coverage may be a bit limited or too large, or you may prefer solar powered instead of battery-powered units.
Reading this review should have offered you more information on the best outdoor motion sensor lights in 2020. We chose the products basing our decision on light quality, sensitivity, coverage, easy installation and operation, energy efficiency, durability, reliability, and affordability.