Stripping a wire by hand is not only a bit challenging but also requires some skill. Removing too much cover is wasteful, and you also don’t want you cut some of the strands. Additionally, it is not easy to maintain consistency when working on several pieces. Due to these and other drawbacks, people turn to a wire stripping machine. It will do the job fast and efficiently, and the results will be surprising.
There are many machines for stripping the wires and each will have its benefits and demerits. Electrically operated types are easier to use and work faster than manual ones. However, they will cost more than their counterparts. You need more skill to use manual type compared to an automatic one. The following stripping machines are the best in the market.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Wire Stripping Machines in 2018
- #10 DOWELL Wire Stripper, Self-adjusting Cable Cutter Crimper, Automatic Wire Stripping
- #9 Steel Dragon Tools WRA20 Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Strip Scrap Copper Wire
- #8 Yescom Electric Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Benchtop Powered Cable Stripper Tool
- #7 Goplus Powered Electric Wire Stripping Machine Portable Scrap Cable Stripper
- #6 BEAMNOVA Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Electric Copper Stripper, Yellow
- #5 Kinee Adjustable Automatic Cable Wire Stripper with Cutter/Bend Nose Bolt Clippers
- #4 BEAMNOVA Manual Wire Stripping Machine Cable Stripper Copper Machine
- #3 Capri Tools 20011 Automatic Wire Strippers and Cutter
- #2 StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
- #1 BestEquip Cable Wire Stripping Machine 0.06-0.79 Inch Diameter Wire Stripping Machine
- Buying Guides – Wire Stripping Machines
List of Top 10 Best Wire Stripping Machines in 2018
#10 DOWELL Wire Stripper, Self-adjusting Cable Cutter Crimper, Automatic Wire Stripping
This wire stripper is fit for aluminum and copper cables. It can handle different lengths and thickness ranging from 10 to 24AWG. The machine features a built-in crimper for 10-24AWG insulated wires and 4-22AWG non-insulated wires. It has a one-handed motion for easy grappling and operation. The excellent grasp on the wire ensures the jacket is smoothly removed from the wires without affecting the copper or aluminum core.
The built-in thumb wheel allows you to micro adjust the tension and clearance for smooth operation. It makes clean cuts and runs seamlessly with ease. The adjustable stopper/ gauge control the wire’s core length and is suitable for 1/4 to 3/4 inches.
#9 Steel Dragon Tools WRA20 Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Strip Scrap Copper Wire
By: Steel Dragon Tools
Why should you struggle to strip wires yet you can use this handy machine? The WRA20 automatic wire stripper by Steel Dragon Tools is among the practical and durable machines in the market. It can handle a range of wires including sheath flat cable and round cable. The machine works relatively fast due to the powerful built-in motor and advanced technology. It is fit for wires ranging from10 to 1/0AWG.
The smooth running item requires little energy but delivers professional performance. It has 4 cutting channels to handle various wire types and has an emergency stop button. Similar to most top products, it is made of metal to withstand the operations and is very portable due to its lightweight. The compact machine doesn’t take up too much space.
#8 Yescom Electric Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Benchtop Powered Cable Stripper Tool
The Yescom Electric Automatic machine will help you to strip wires in a faster and more effective way. It works with most wires on the market and works best when placed on a bench top. The effective thickness/range is 0.12-1 inch which makes it ideal for most wires. It has a 1/4HP single phase motor that delivers good power for quick service. The machine is designed for 110V AC 50-60 Hz and will strip off rubber and plastic insulation.
It has 3 different sized holes for feeding the wires and will strip about 50 feet of wear every minute. With such speed, it’s no wonder that it’s among the popular choices on the market. It is made of metal to handle demanding tasks and is also lightweight for good portability. The machine measures 9.5(L) x12.6 (W) x12.6 (H) / 24x32x32cm and has a space-efficient design.
#7 Goplus Powered Electric Wire Stripping Machine Portable Scrap Cable Stripper
The Goplus wire stripping machine is electric powered and can handle even the demanding tasks. It is useful for home use, workshops, scrap shops, electronic shops and much more. The simple device removes the plastic or rubber coating from the wire effortlessly and can handle different shapes. The nicely-designed hand crank moves easily and seamlessly while the firm base prevents unnecessary movement.
Consumers love its portable nature courtesy of the lightweight and the space-saving design. You can use it for a long time and it will remain effective for long. The adjustable rollers and blade maintain a tight hold on the wires for easy quick stripping. It also ensures you don’t damage the strands in the process. The included instructions will help you operate the machine.
#6 BEAMNOVA Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Electric Copper Stripper, Yellow
This Yellow colored wire stripper is what you deserve as an electrician, mechanic, gardener, hobbyist, electronic expert or if you regularly handle wires. The BEAMNOVA stripping machines automatically removes the outer coating of wires and is ideal for plastic, rubber, and other materials. It will comfortably handle wire gauge ranging from 0.12 to 1 inch (3mm – 25mm).
The machine works with 110V AC 50-60Hz and features a powerful 1/4 HP Single Phase Induction motor. It has a good stripping speed of about 50 feet per minute and can run continuously with ease. The 3 different sized holes/ slots enable you to feed different types of wires. It has a firm base for easy handling and is very portable because of its lightweight.
#5 Kinee Adjustable Automatic Cable Wire Stripper with Cutter/Bend Nose Bolt Clippers
This practical tool will not just save you effort but time as well. It is suitable for most users including electrician, gardener, wireman, hobbyists, mechanics, and machine repair worker. Because of its simple shape and easy operation, the Kinee Wire Stripper can handle wire thickness of 0.2-3.3mm and maintains a firm grip to prevent wastage or poor service.
It is useful for solid or stranded wires and works well on 10-24 AWG wires. The adjustable tip offers consistency whereas the replaceable blade system improves functionality. The simple machine strips effortlessly without noise or erratic performance and comes with a cutter as well as a bending piece. And thanks to the compact design, you don’t need lots of space to use it.
#4 BEAMNOVA Manual Wire Stripping Machine Cable Stripper Copper Machine
The BEAMNOVA Wire Stripper comes in a newly improved design to handle everyday wire stripping needs. It is fit for wires measuring from 3mm up to 25mm thick and has a simple design for easy handling and operation. The machine has an adjustable clamp that allows you to vary the gap according to the thickness easily.
It also works with thick wires as well as Romex. The product includes a close cut guide that prevents wastage and also provides consistent results. Changing the blade is as easy as pushing out the shaft and inserting another one. Once inserted, it stays firm. The machine will last a long time because it’s made of a special alloy.
#3 Capri Tools 20011 Automatic Wire Strippers and Cutter
By: Capri Tools
This wire stripper from Capri Tools will make removing plastic and rubber covering from wires very easy. The electric unit runs automatically and doesn’t require lots of monitoring or adjusting. It’s very portable and can be used anywhere there is a power outlet. The 20011 Wire stripper is designed for wire gauges 24-10AWG and works seamlessly. It has a narrow profile to occupy little space and also for easy handling.
And thanks to the solid construction and superior technology, it delivers consistent performance. In addition to being a wire stripper, the machine is also a good wire cutter. It can handle wires gauge up to 12 AWG and firmly grips the wire and strips it in a simple squeeze. And unlike other types, adjusting the stripping blades is very easy.
#2 StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine
This wire stripper comes in a unique design and is more user-friendly compared to other types. It comes in an industrial grade construction and can work with many types of wires. The item seamlessly strips rubber, plastic, and other coatings from the wire without damaging the strands. It is meant for wire gauge 18-250MCM and is also suitable for use with stranded /braided wires. The machine features a built-in Romex that will work with ROMEX wires and improves performance by up to 33%.
The electric wire stripper is built with lightweight but strong steel and can handle the stresses and everyday use quite well. It’s simple to operate, produces minimal noise, and can run continuously without overheating. Besides being energy-efficient, it also takes up minimal space.
#1 BestEquip Cable Wire Stripping Machine 0.06-0.79 Inch Diameter Wire Stripping Machine
This wire stripping machine from BestEquip tops our list for several reasons. One, it’s straightforward to operate thanks to the simple design and superior technology. Two, it has a nice wire range of 0.06-0.79 inches and will handle many types of wires. The powerful 0.18 kW motor strips the wires fast and effortlessly and can handle large volume without problems. Four, it’s a heavy-duty design from the top-grade durable steel.
And despite the solid construction, it’s lightweight and moving with it is convenient. Other reason why it takes the top slot includes smooth and silent operation and is easy to adjust rollers and blade. The well-built product is very safe and will reduce the chances of injury to your fingers.
Bonus: For more information and guides on how to use The Automatic Wire Stripper, you can see the video below
Buying Guides – Wire Stripping Machines
- Need at Hand: Know the kind of work you intend it to do. If you handle large volumes, then an automatic machine is friendlier compared to a manual one. And if you handle hard wires then go for a heavy-duty piece. Automatic machines require lesser effort, and less-experienced people will appreciate them more.
- Experience: How are your skills and experience like? Although wire strippers are simple to use, you may have a hard time determining the best setting for the wire in hand. The amount material to be removed is determined by the application and also the desired connectivity. And as we all know, the wires can be expensive, and no one wants to waste. It pays to familiarize with the art before actually attempting it.
- Price: You will notice that the prices of the machines are very diverse. The fundamental ones are the most affordable while the more complex ones cost way more. Nonetheless, a simple, affordable machine can give good service especially if you know how to handle it. It is advised first to set a budget before you venture into the market to look for a product.
- Reviews: Reading reviews is an important part of selecting and identifying a good product. This will give you a true picture of what consumers are saying. And as you will observe, the above products have many positive and 5-star reviews. You are thus certain of good performance and reliability.
- Brand Reputation: We only went for products that have a good name in the market. Consumers and analysts will praise them for solid performance, simplicity, easy operation, durability, affordability, and much more. They are backed with a manufacturers guarantee in regards to quality workmanship and material.
You don’t have to struggle stripping wires. You also don’t want to waste the wire because you took off too much material. There is also the risk of injuring yourself when attempting to strip by hand. The best solution is to go for a wire stripping machine. It will deliver professional performance and will provide consisted results.
Using it is easier and safer since you only need to place the wire on the machine. We have looked at the market, compared the available products and identified the best wire stripping machines. And as you can see, we went for the highly rated and popular products. What is certain is that the above items will make the work of stripping wires easier, faster, safer and more professional.