First, I would like to say “Thanks” for reading this. If you land on this page here, you definitely are finding the best angle grinder right now. Although there are many grinders out there in the market (and of course some of them are not worth your money), you can still have a chance of getting the right one, whether for your personal or professional use.
And by continuing reading this article, I am sure you will be able to select one or few from the list according to your preferences.
So, what is Angle Grinders?
To those of you who might not familiar with Angle Grinders before, according to, angle grinder is a tool that is mostly used to polish, cut, grind, or sand materials. Sometimes, this tool is called “disc grinder” or “side grinder”. Since it is handheld, it is easy to learn and use even you are new to the tool.
List Of Best Angle Grinders In 2023
Let me introduce the first one on the list. This is from SKIL. Some of you might hear about SKIL but some might not. SKIL is actually reputable when it comes to tools. This 9296-01 is indeed powerful. It can perform up to 11,000 RPM (Rounds per minute). With the item weight of 6.1 pounds, it is light enough for use to hold and perform our work without any interference at all time.
Last but not least, I like this one because it is built for safety. It will automatically switch off when you drop or release it after performing.
- The lightweight structure is made by 6.1 pounds
- Will automatically switch off when not in use
- Can seamlessly perform up to 11,000 RPM
- Presents excellent safety during use
#8. 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
If you prefer a lightweight one, then this one from Bosch is even better than the one mentioned above. Weighing only 5 pounds, and features 6.0 amp, this angle grinder can perform up to 11,000 no-load RPM. As you can see, even it is small, but it can provide maximum power for your need. The side handle can be adjusted. Still, it is recommended that you change it to the original side for maximum comfort. Compact, powerful, and comfortable, these are all you need when choosing the right angle grinder.
- In spite of being small, it packs in lots of power
- Allows easy adjustment of the side handle
- Weighs 5 pounds only for easy portability
#7. W9-115 8.5 Amp 10,500 RPM Angle Grinder
If you are familiar with an angle grinder, you will find one irritating problem; it is the locking position. Most of the people I know, always complain about having not enough locking position. Luckily, with Metabo W9-115, you will have more than enough 7 locking positions that are actually tool-free adjustable guard.
Furthermore, if you care about the safety of AD/DC, this one is also the right fit for you. It is suitable for both AC/DC, allows you to feel maximum comfort about your safety.
Last but not least, unlike the two above, this one is a bit powerful because it comes with 8.5 Amp, yet the maximum speed is only 10,500 rpm. Check it out for full information!
- Comes with the adequate locking position
- Convenient for both AC/DC operation
- The maximum speed achievable is 10,500 RPM
- Includes 8.5 Amp to deliver high efficiency
#6. DW840 7-Inch Medium Angle Grinder
If you just finished reading number #9-#7 above and still feel dissatisfied with them because you want a more powerful tool, then this one is just right for you. This one from DEWALT is very powerful since it comes with 13.0 Amp.
The only one downside is that the maximum speed is only 8,000 RPM. So if you really think you want a fast angle grinder, then you might need to take a look for another option on the list.
- Works fast and efficient during operation
- Grinding speed is high and uncompromised
- Capable to work for many different applications
#5. M18 Fuel 4-1/2″/5″ Pad, Bare
I am sure you are familiar with Milwaukee, and I guess there is no need to mention how high its quality is. Coming in the top 5 of the list, this Milwaukee 2780-20 is known for its durability and comfortability of use.
To me, I love its color. As a tool, a red color makes it very clear and visible.
- Superior durability to present long-lasting use
- Extremely comfortable to use throughout the operation
- Its red color enhances convenience during use
- Can be used in low light conditions
#4. G12VA 4-1/2-Inch 13-Amp Variable Speed Angle Grinder
Hitachi is a well-known Japanese company for its technology for a very long duration of time. This Hitachi G12VA runs with 1,500 watts output and 13 Amp. There is also an anti-vibration on the handle to make sure that the user can hold the tool tight without shaking.
Furthermore, the speed switch provides a variety of options for different kinds of work and application. There are some more models from Hitachi with the differences of Amp ranging from 5.1 to 13 Amp. You can check and compare them out!
- Presented in elegant black, gray and green colored design
- Operates with 1,500 watts output and 13 Amp
- There will be no vibration during use
- Capable to handle challenging workloads
#3. Quick Lock-On 13.5 Amp 2,800-11,000 RPM Angle Grinder
As stated very clearly on the title, this one can run from 2,800 to 11,00 RPM with 13.5 Amp. Being able to select the speed is very advantageous when you perform a varied range of applications or performance.
As this one is built-for-last, it has a protection system for excess heating that comes from too much usage. Therefore, you do not need to care about the durability of this item. Even you might think that the price is a bit high compared to the other on the list, but my word for this one is: it is surely worth its price!
- Can flawlessly operate from 2,800 to 11,00 RPM
- Built for long-lasting use
- No need to worry about durability
- Easy to choose the speed according to your needs
#2. 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Angle Grinder Kit
To the nearest top of the list, we have another one from DEWALT. DEWALT DWE402K comes with the Kit Box. As you are considering about having a tool, it is always a good idea to get the kit box to keep your things organized. Without a doubt, this is one of the best angle grinders in the market right now.
Moreover, the best thing about this item is that there is a system which they called “Dust rejection system.” This one will make sure your tools are always clean and neat to prolong its durability.
On top of that, you will never worry about making a rotation for this. As it comes with a one-touch guard that allows you to rotate it in 360 degrees. Last but not least, safety is very important. This is why there is a lock prevention so that the chance of unintended startup is reduced and prevented.
- The kit box includes all the necessary accessories
- With its a one-touch guard, comprehensive rotation is allowed
- Implements a lock prevention mechanism
- No abrupt startup
#1. 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder With Aluminum Case
The reason that this one from Makita is at the top of the list and become the best Angle Grinders is that it comes in a bundle. With your purchase, you will get 3 items includes: 1 of Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Aluminum Case, Makita VC4710 12-Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum, and 1 of Makita 193794-5. The price of this bundle is perfect for you if you are a professional. And if you are new to angle grinders and these kinds of tool, it is a good time to learn how to use all of them in one setting.
Makita is a well-known brand when talking about home tools. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And all I can tell is that, for sure, this bundle is an excellent choice for you. For further detail, check it out right now.
- Incorporates aluminum case to present high durability
- All settings are easy to use
- Affordably priced
- Excellent grinding efficiency presented
Be Safe – Reducing Harmfulness While Using Angle Grinder
Although it is easy to learn and easy to use, be aware that this tool should never be in touch with children. It can also be harmful to adult and professional if used without proper care. Here are some tips on how you can reduce harmfulness while using it:
- Lowest Speed: If you are new to an angle grinder, you are recommended to set the lowest speed as possible. If there is any harm happens, at least it can reduce the risk.
- Wear Proper Goggle: During the operation, there will be dust created in the environment. It is advisable that you were safety goggle correctly.
- Wear Proper Mask: Like stated below, there will be dust. So it is a smart idea that you cover your nose and mouse with a dust mask to prevent yourself from any unpredictable circumstances.
- Ask Expert: Angle grinder is not a toy for anyone to play around with. If you are not clearly sure what to do with the tools, ask your nearest expert to explain the whole process. It is always good to learn things from an expert rather than figuring it out by yourself and still being unclear.
Wrapping It Up
There you go! The list of the Top 9 Best Angle Grinders. Each one in the list is the selection of the best. Choosing the right angle grinders will depend on what exactly is the purpose of our application and preference. Some of us might want the one that consumes less electricity, while some others prefer the big and powerful one. Whatever you want, check it out first to make sure you are choosing the right products.
Finally, it is essential to keep in mind that an angle grinder is a tool that is required careful attention when used. Therefore, make sure always to be safe before, while, or after using it!