If you usually spend time outdoors, are a regular traveler, or often spend time out of town, then you need to think about acquiring car air beds. It’s also perfect for hiking, camping, and other outdoor events. This accessory is similar to an air bed or mattress but is specifically designed for use with a car. It will come in a design that fits nicely in the back seat, the rear section o the SUV, or the pickup truck’s cargo bay/bed. It’s seen as a better option than sleeping in a tent because it’s more comfortable, safer because you are not so near to the ground, and doesn’t require setting up a tent. The following items have been identified as the top 8 best car air beds in 2021.
Note: Always check the local laws to make sure that the use of car air bed is legally right!
List Of Best Car Air Beds In 2021
#8. Car Travel Inflatable Air Bed
This unit will fit nicely in the back seat of most vehicles including SUVs and MPVs. The gray colored air mattress is made from a sturdy material to prevent punctures and comes with sturdy seams for preventing any air leakages. It is decently sized to fit kids and adults and has a smooth surface to keep the user comfortable. It doesn’t get too cold in the low temperatures or hot when it’s warm and sunny. Inflation the unit takes a short time when using the included pump and also deflates fairly fast. The smooth surface is resistant to dust and stains and is easy to clean.
#7. Heavy Duty Travel Car Inflatable Mattress
By: Drive Travel
Boasting of a length of 115-130cm and a width of 85-90 cm, this inflatable car mattress should fit in the back seat of most cars. It also has an excellent height of 38-43 cm and when fully inflated, will create very comfortable napping, relaxing, or sleeping surface. The air bed is among the toughest and most stable on the market and can handle a maximum load of 800 pounds, making it ideal for kids and well as adults. It is made of heavy-duty PVC and has a fluffy and smooth surface for a nice feeling.
#6. Inflatable Travel Car Bed, Black
You don’t need to struggle with a heavy or bulky mattress when out camping or on the road trip. Simply choose this car air bed and enjoy the best relaxation and comfort. The accessory is designed to handle a mature adult and will fit on the back of the SUV, the back seat, or even the cargo bay on the pickup truck. The inflatable gets props for the quick inflation and maintaining the density for a long time. It has a smooth and sleek surface and is also easy to operate.
#5. Inflatable Air Bed, Blue
With a dimension of 143(L) x 87(W) x 45(H) cm, this car air mattress will ensure you sleep comfortably and nicely in your car. And like other mattresses, it’s suitable for most cars and inflates relatively quickly. Once done with it, you simply deflate it and fold it into a smaller unit for easy storage. This particulate piece has a sturdy material that tolerates bangs, abrasion, constant folding and unfolding, and can be repaired easily in case of a puncture. It’s also easy to clean and maintain and last for a long time.
#4. Travel Car Inflatable Mattress
Acquiring this inflatable mattress guarantees you better nap and sleeping when outdoors. You also don’t have to worry about rough surfaces or setting up a tent. This mattress has a height of 14.6-16.9 inches when inflated and can handle up to 800 pounds of weight. It comprises a sturdy PVC material that can bear the rough grounds, abrasions, impact, and temperatures ranging from -13 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a smooth fluffy surface for extra comfort and doesn’t leak.
#3. Inflatable Car Air Bed, Green
Coming in a trendy green color, this inflatable car airbed is very well built to handle the outdoor scene. It’s made of heavy-duty and long-lasting PVC oxford fabric and has a velvet surface for added comfort. The inflatable mattress will fit in the backseat, cabin area, and the cargo bay of different vehicles. It is resistant to impact, vibration, bangs and doesn’t leak. This provides a comfortable sleeping area for kids and also adults. The car air bed can handle 2 adults, and the maximum recommended weight is 330 pounds.
#2. Multifunctional Inflatable Car Air Bed
This airbed is designed for use in cars and also camping and hiking. The mattress is made from hardwearing TPU materials and features a smooth oxford cloth to offer smooth surfaces. The 0.6mm thick material is resistant to punctures and abrasions, and this ensures it won’t get punctured, however, in case it does, repairing it is very easy. The mattress measures about 53(L) x 33(W) x 20(H) inches and is recommended for up to 200 kilograms. It features strong seams to prevent pressure loss through leakage.
#1. Inflatable Travel Car Air Bed For SUV & MPV
This air bed is mostly targeted at SUV and MPV owners and will fit in the rear section quite well. It is made of eco-friendly lasting. It is designed from strong PVC material to put-up with everyday use, the rough surfaces, constants moving, frequent inflating and deflating. Moreover, it is 0.58mm, 50 inches wide, 70 inches long, and will safely handle up to 660 pounds. The air mattress is very light, weighing only 6.6 pounds, and carrying it when deflated and folded is easy. The velour surface makes it fit for cold and hot surfaces and can also be used at the beach, hike, campsite and other outdoor places.
How To Find The Best Car Air Beds?
- Size: You should first understand the space in your car before buying an airbed. Some are designed for fitting in the rear seat of a small or medium-size car; others can be placed on the rear section of the SUV, while some are best used in the pickup truck’s cargo bay.
- Comfort: The best car air bed is very cozy and comfortable. It will have a smooth surface, have a good bounce, and also absorbs impacts and shocks well. The material won’t feel cold in low temperatures or hot on sunny days.
- Construction Materials: There are different materials used to construct the inflatable. However, nylon, rubber PVC, and Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) seem the most popular. A good material is comfortable, durable, and strong.
- Safety: It’s essential to choose a product that is safe. It shouldn’t contain toxic compounds such as phthalates, lead, or BPA.
- Inflation / Deflation: Always go for a product that inflates and deflates fast. Generally, it shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes.
- Inflatable Air Chambers: the more the number of chambers the more reliable the air bed. It means that it will still maintain good density even when one chamber is leaking. It’s also more supportive and easy to maintain.
- Portability: The right car airbed is easy to transport or move from place to place. It is lightweight, compact, and folds to a smaller size once deflated. The unit should also come with a carry bag.
- Leak-proof: The last thing you want is constantly pumping the unit because it leaks or doesn’t hold the air. You need to make certain that it is leak proof and the best ways are through reading reviews and going for reputable products.
- Others: Other important things are the features, air pump, warranty, return policy, price, lushness, top cover, and built-in pump.
Rather than sleeping on the ground/ surface, you should consider investing in car air beds. It’s much easier to set up because it matches the car’s back seat, rear space in the SUV or truck. You won’t need to fix a tent or worry about creatures creeping into your sleeping space because the car has a higher ground clearance. Many car air beds are worth buying. However, the above items are the top 8 best air beds in 2021. They are easy to set up, come in good size and design, easily fit in the car, provide good comfort, and are easy to maintain.