If you are looking to buy the best cyclocross bikes from the internet, then this text can help you a lot. A bike is getting more popular, especially in a developed country. There are several reasons to love bike: eco-friendly, cheap, flexible, so on and so forth. On top of these reasons, biking can also be a sport and hobby. And among all kinds of bikes, there is one kind you might or might not hear of: the cyclocross bike.
So, What Is Cyclocross Bike?
What exactly is cyclocross bike? When talking about cyclocross, riders usually refer to any type of bike that can easily be mounted, dismounted, and remounted as fast as possible. Professional bikers love cyclocross because the bike can be dismounted and carried for speed and get back on the bike quickly when they are facing difficult challenges. This type of bike is very visible and popular during the winter as it can challenge with a muddy road in the season.
Even if you are not a professional cyclocross racer, cyclocross is still an ideal winter bike for you if you think that you are riding on a journey that requires you to dismount the bike and run when the road is un-rideable
Are you looking to own one or more cyclocross bike? If you are searching for it, then this reading is exactly for you. In this article, we will analyze and review the best cyclocross bikes in the present market along with some buying guides to assist you in choosing the right one!
Best Cyclocross Bike In 2023 List
Takara Genkai comes in two different colors: Black & Green/White. It also has two size options: Large which is 57cm and X-large which is 63.5cm. It comes with an almost-assembled condition. To those of you who used to assemble a bike before, it would be straightforward for you. However, if you have never assembled stuff and don’t feel good about it, you can take it to the shop and get it done there.
On top of that, the frame is chromoly steel which is strong enough to consider to be a great frame. It weighs 29lbs and comes with Shimano ST2300 STI 16 Speed as it Shifters.
Although the bike is pretty cool, many customers don’t feel great and complain about its disc brake. This disc brake got a complaint that it is useful if you go here and there in short distance. But if you always ride long, you may consider upgrading your disc bike for better performance.
- Two colors and two sizes to choose from
- Straightforward to assemble
- Equipped with disc brakes
#7. Offroad Division Single Speed Cyclocross Standard Bike
By: State Bicycle Co.
With the color of Warhawk, this bike comes in three different sizes ranging from 49cm, 52cm, and 58cm. As described from the product description, this bike is focused and designed for maximum versatility. The versatility is so great that you can use cyclocross bike for your offroad activity at the weekend and commute to work on a weekday.
Additionally, The bike comes with 4130 Chromoly TIG-Welded as the frame while the tires are Kenda small block 8. Of course, the size of a tire will vary according to the bike size that you choose.
A bit different from the top, this State bicycle uses cantilever brake. Even disc brake is getting more popular; there are still riders who love cantilever. If you are one of them, this bike would be your ideal one.
- One color, three size options
- A single-speed cyclocross bike
- Focus on adaptability of the road
- Uses cantilever brake system
#6. CycloCross Nine-Speed/Commuter Bike
By: Retrospec Bicycles
After going through a single-speed bike, now let’s take a look at a nine-speed one. Take a look closely because this AMOK V2 cyclocross from Retrospec could be the one for you especially if you usually ride on different road surfaces. The 9-speed microSHIFT Thumb shifter will help you to choose the speed according to your liking and the situation of the place. This brings comfort to wherever and whenever just like the vendor said – the all-the-time, all-the-places bike. The purpose of the bike is to allow a rider to experience all types of roads ranging from holiday riding on a mountain to a busy city street.
Furthermore, you do not need to worry about the longevity of the bike. It merely comes with 4130 chromoly frames, Kenda small block 8 pro tires, and cantilever brakes. Last but not least, you can choose between these 3 different sizes 50cm, 54cm, and 60cm.
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Design for riding on different road surface – anywhere & anytime
- Equipped with cantilever brakes
#5. Racing Road Bike Bicycle
If you are only satisfied with more speed selections, then this one must fulfill your need. An extrbici bike is equipped with a full 21-speed Shimano TX30 shifter with 160mm Aluminum Alloy double disc brakes. These brakes are carefully designed to ensure quick response and allow riders to be worry-free about the safety.
Although it is stated that the bike is manufactured mainly for a road bike, it can also be used as a cyclocross as well. On top of that, the bike is said to be 90% pre-assembled within the shipping. You just need only several minutes for more installation, and you can enjoy your rides. Last but not least, it also comes with Carbon Steel Frame which has a 1-year warranty to bring you the peace in riding. There is no doubt that this bike is one of the best cyclocross bikes to ride on.
- Shimano TX30 21-speed shift lever
- Aluminum Alloy double disc brakes
- Almost fully assembled
- 1-year warranty on the frame
#4. Single-Speed Cyclocross Bike
From the first glance, the one-speed bike is straightforward and plain. And because of the pure plain design, it is one of the most lightweight cyclocross bikes you have ever seen. There are 6 various sizes you can choose, ranging from 49cm to 61cm. This allows riders to select the one that is perfectly fit with their physical appearance which brings more comfort in riding whether it is for joy or professional purpose.
On top of that, with a just one-speed option and Tektro cantilever brakes, you can smoothly balance yourself on different terrain. Even it looks simple, Hi-ten steel fork and the chromoly frame make up a strong body to ensure the longevity of the bike. If you don’t want to ride anything complicated and you are biking for relaxation, this is definitely a valuable item you shouldn’t miss.
- One-speed cyclocross bike
- Lightweight with simple design
- 6 different bike sizes to choose from
#3. Power Electric Bike With Lithium-Ion Battery
One of the best Cyclocross Bikes is this Tomasar. As the name suggested, Tomasar is an Electronic cyclocross bike. The rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery can support rider up to 31 miles for Assisted mode and 15.5 miles for E-Bike mode. The assisted mode is good for a far journey while the E-bike or electric mode is ideal when you need to save your power and energy.
Moreover, what makes this bike far better than others is that Tomasar uses a disc braking system with a 21-speed transmission system, horn, and LED headlamp. This brake and motor system can provide you with the ability to smoothly ride far, ride at night, climb the mountain, or these 3 riding circumstances combined.
On top of everything said, the bike is foldable. This is an ideal choice for those who like a portable bike and like to travel far and carry the bike for the trip. With all of these features, there is no doubt why the bike is among the top 3 of this list.
- Foldable electronic cyclocross bike with rechargeable battery
- Two riding modes: E-Bike & Assisted mode
- 21-speed system with disc brake
- Comes with horn and LED headlamp
#2. Thunderbird Cyclocross Offroad Single Speed Bike
By: State Bicycle Co.
As you can see the image, this Thunderbird cyclocross comes in the color of Army/Burnt Orange. It has 5 different sizes from 46cm to 58cm. Even it merely looks, it has everything to be considered as the best single speed cyclocross bike.
First, the frame of the bike is 6061 Aluminum while the fork is carbon. Second, this bike is equipped with an effective brake system: Avid BB5 disc brakes. This is to ensure complete safety to the riders. Third, the cockpit of this very bike consist of Ritchey components includes stem, handlebars, seatposts. Last but not least, it also comes with Kenda small block 8 as it tires which is similar to some of the other top products on the list.
All of these allow the bike to be lightweight and move marvelously with any kinds of terrain. And with an efficient disc brake system, you can have complete power to stop whenever required. No more wondering why it is on the second place.
- 5 sizes from 46-58cm
- Aluminum frame with carbon fork
- Equipped with Avid BB5 Disc brakes.
- Great cockpit components
- Lightweight and can be ridden smoothly
#1. RX 2.0 Cyclocross Bike
By: Raleigh Bikes
After looking back and forth for several times, we found no reason to not rewarding this cyclocross for the top position in the list. With 6 different sizes to choose from the list, Raleigh Bikes RX 2.0 is magnificently designed to battle on any kind of road, especially on the dirty, muddy road in the rainy day. Bad weather can be no longer an excuse when you have this excellent cyclocross bike that you can either ride or carry toward any challenges you face on the road.
Additionally, the Superlight butted 6061 alloy frame is perfectly designed for speed and durability at the same time. Raleigh Bikes RX 2.0 Cyclocross Bike is also equipped with TRP Spyre Dual Actuated Mechanical Disc Brakes which can be considered as one of the best disc brakes in the industry. Last but not least the cassette comes with the 11-speed shifter to keep your balance on a different kind of terrain.
Although, you might find it a bit expensive compared to others on the list, because, it is, to be honest, the best cyclocross bike on the market. And if you are planning to buy for professional riding, then in our opinion, Raleigh bikes RX 2.0 is everything you need.
- To be ridden on different type of road mainly on muddy road
- Is lightweight, fast, and longevity of use.
- Comes with dual disc brakes
- Has 11-speed shifter
Cyclocross Bike – Buying Guides
It is good that you have found out what are the best cyclocross in the recent market. However, in order to get the right bike that fits to your intention and usage, you may need to consider on some more criteria. Here they are
To every vehicle, tire is closely associated with safety. Always making sure that you are choosing good tubular tires for your bike. When going offroad, flat tires happen a lot. With tubular tires, it can help you to go several miles to the repair shop with full safety.
Size should be considering factor for almost every product, and cyclocross bike is no exception. With the right size, biking can be more comfortable and smoother. Even you buy the right one, but with different size, you will find it very hard to enjoy the activities. Some of the bikes above provide more sizing options than others. So, choose wisely according to your body weight and height.
Although biking is slow, you still need to slow down or stop using a brake. A brake is undeniably indispensable for any vehicle includes the bike. The most popular types are disc and cantilever brake. More and more cyclocross is now equipped with a disc brake. However, there are also people who love cantilever. So choose wisely according to your need.
Some of the bikes have so many speed selections while others have only one. For those of you who are familiar with biking, you can go for the ones that come with more and complex design. This is because you already understand the usage and be able to make use of it to a maximum level. On the other hand, if you are new to biking or just want to ride for joy with no intention of taking it to a professional level, it is advisable to choose the ones with a plain and simple design. For instance, if you just ride for joy, you may choose a single-speed bike so that you do not need to worry when to change the speed. Oppositely, professionals would choose the multiple-speed bike as to maximize their biking speed.
Other important factors include but not limited to chain set, cable routing, pedals, etc.
Bonus: To make sure your bike last longer, you surely need to maintain them. Need a tip on keeping your bike? Here we have embedded a video to show you: How To Make Your Road Bike Last Longer – Bike Maintenance Tips
Benefits Of Cyclocross Bikes
Cyclocross bikes are quite unique to have, but they provide a lot of benefits for your health. At the same time, this type of bike is also very convenient to have and use which is a total plus. We are going to list down some of the important benefits of cyclocross bikes that you should know below.
- Cyclocross bikes offer the upright riding position which is so comfortable. No matter if it is for commuting, exercising, or more, cyclocross bikes are great for them all.
- This type of bike is lighter and faster, and you can easily lift them up when you have to. In case you explore a new trail that has a stream to cross, you can carry your bike with ease.
- Other great benefits of cyclocross bikes are that they help you to improve your riding skills. Since they have thinner tires, you will have to be very flexible in order to control the bike. That way, you will get to take your skills to the next level the longer you ride cyclocross bike.
- Most cyclocross bikes come with a set of knobby tires that allows you to ride on various terrains. These tires are very versatile, and you can ride them on gravel, mud, sand, trail, and pretty much any surfaces. This will simply expand your adventures along with convenience and comfort at the same time.
- We all know people who still want to go biking in winter, and that is why cyclocross bikes are great. With a longer wheelbase, this type of bike offers great stability in low-traction situations such as ice, snow-packed roads, and more. That way, you will still be able to control your bike and ride without any discomfort at all.
Cyclocross Bikes Maintenance
There are a few simple things to maintain your cyclocross bikes to prolong their durability and service which are:
- You want to wash your bike after the ride on dirty or muddy roads. It can be regularly or weekly, depending on how much you ride your bike. After washing, don’t forget to check the saddle and make sure that it does not crack. Look at the chainrings to see if there is any bending or if there is anything stick on the tooth. Inspect your frame to ensure that there is no cracking so that they are safe to ride.
- Apart from that, you also want to check the wheels and make sure that you replace them when the time comes. The wheels receive a lot of abuses from the mud, rocks, sticks, and many more as you ride.
- You want to make sure that there are no damages to the discs or rim of the tires. Use bright light to shine on the rim and look for dents if there is any. Things go the same with the brake, so don’t forget this part. Replace immediately if you notice any damages to ensure that your next ride will be safe.
All of the above-mentioned cyclocross bikes are what we think the best in the market. Most of them can be used both on and off the road smoothly without any troubles. After reading through all the products and buying guides, we believe that you found what you like, whether for yourself or as a gift for your friends or family. If you have any ideas to add more on this very topic, please feel free to add your comment below without any hesitation! Good luck!