Ask people to tell you the best hybrid bicycle and don’t be surprised to learn that most people are either clueless or have the wrong perception of the bike. And due to this many people end up not buying the bike or acquiring the wrong bike. Fortunately, after reading this review, you’ll understand what a hybrid bike is, why people go for it and the top X bikes on the market.
Table of Contents
- What is A Hybrid Bike?
- List of Top 8 Best Hybrid Bicycles in 2018
- #8 Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels) for Men, Black
- #7 Vilano Diverse 3.0 Performance Hybrid Road Bike, 24-Speed
- #6 Schwinn Network 3.0 700C Hybrid Bicycle for men, 18-inch Frame
- #5 Schwinn Capitol 700c Wheel Hybrid Bicycle for Women, 16-inch Frame Size
- #4 Sixthreezero Explore Your Range 7-Speed Hybrid Bicycle for men, 20-Inch Frame
- #3 Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Vital 2 Complete Hybrid Bicycle
- #2 Sixthreezero EVRYjourney 26-Inch Men Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle, Matte Black
- #1 Diamondback Bicycles Insight 2 Hybrid Bike
- Why go for a hybrid bike:
What is A Hybrid Bike?
A hybrid bike basically combines the different characteristics of different bikes. It will work like a mountain bike, touring bike, as well as a road bike. And despite blending the different designs and functionality, it will perform just as good as the specific bike if not better. People have been turning to this kind of bike because it delivers the best of all worlds and you don’t need to purchase a specific bike for the different terrains.
List of Top 8 Best Hybrid Bicycles in 2018
#8 Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels) for Men, Black
If you are a man looking for the best hybrid bicycle, then you shouldn’t look further than this bicycle from Schwinn. One thing I like about it is the nice and simple design that makes using it very easy and convenient. In fact, according to most men, this is undoubtedly one of the most user-friendly bikes. It features a lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame that can handle heavy men and is also very stable even in tough terrains. The handles are fairly long and this assures the user of the best comfort and features a 21-speed gear for smooth riding.
#7 Vilano Diverse 3.0 Performance Hybrid Road Bike, 24-Speed
Finding a top-rated hybrid bicycle shouldn’t stress you anymore. What you need is this elegant and trendy bicycle from Vilano. It’s suitable for most people thanks to the good height that makes getting on and off very easy. And from what I’ve gathered from people, this cycle is suited for most terrains whether gravel, dirt, grass, or sand. It comes in a fairly large saddle for the best support and has good padding for best support. The bicycle is very relaxing thanks to the nicely designed and long handlebars and rides smoothly courtesy of the 24-speed Shimano gear.
#6 Schwinn Network 3.0 700C Hybrid Bicycle for men, 18-inch Frame
The Schwinn brand is not just known for good exercise/workout bicycles but also hybrid ones. This one in particular ranks among the best from the manufacturer and is targeted at male riders who want the best all-around experience. The bike boasts of a strong aluminum frame to handle the rough terrains, road vibrations, knocks, user weight and the environmental factors. It rides well thanks to the good suspension and the reliable 21-speed Shimano gear. To make the ride comfortable and prevent fatigue, it has a comfortable well-padded seat and a suspension seat post.
#5 Schwinn Capitol 700c Wheel Hybrid Bicycle for Women, 16-inch Frame Size
You may think that this bicycle is not cut for the rugged terrains because of the small frame. However, once you ride it, you’ll be impressed at how well it handles the different terrains. It rides smoothly and seamlessly on gravel, gravel, concrete, asphalt, rocky terrains and other places. The women bike has a lightweight frame and comes in a vibrant lavender color that is perfect for any woman. Like most bikes from the brand, it also features a quality 21 speeds Shimano EX-fire gear for smooth gear changes.
#4 Sixthreezero Explore Your Range 7-Speed Hybrid Bicycle for men, 20-Inch Frame
Coming in the matte black finish, this hybrid bicycle is perfect for most male riders and is suitable for leisure and hard riding. It’s a suitable for many terrains and will ride quietly thanks to the 700C wheels. The bicycle has a light aluminum frame for easy maneuvering and a good suspension system for absorbing impact and shock. The Hybrid bicycle features a Shimano 7-speed gear mechanism for the best riding experience. Thanks to the double-walled rims, the tires will be well protected from the rough surfaces whereas the large handlebars provide food comfort.
#3 Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Vital 2 Complete Hybrid Bicycle
By: Diamondback Bicycles
Featuring a high-quality aluminum frame this hybrid bicycle will make riding in different terrains easier and more relaxing. The women bike is ideal for the smooth asphalt, rough retrains, pebbles, gravel, dirt, grass, and other surfaces. Like other top hybrid bicycles, it features a relatively wide handlebar for a more relaxed and comfortable pose and also has a comfortable saddle. The bike’s good suspension minimizes the impact, shock, and vibrations allowing you to enjoy the ride whereas the tough tires can put-up with the rugged surfaces.
#2 Sixthreezero EVRYjourney 26-Inch Men Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle, Matte Black
The sixthreezero is well-known and loved for producing some of the best hybrid bicycles on the market. In fact, many users state that the brand is a pacesetter in this field. Looking at this version, for instance, we can see that is has a very lightweight aluminum frame which makes controlling the bicycles especially in demanding situations very easy. It’s has a nicely padded saddle that provides the rider with good comfort and has a nice contour and size for maximum support. The matte black bike features a dual-spring saddle for improved shock and impact absorption and the high-quality tires provide a nice traction. And thanks to smooth and sleek finish cleaning the bicycle is very easy.
#1 Diamondback Bicycles Insight 2 Hybrid Bike
By: Diamondback Bicycles
This hybrid bicycle is one of the lightest on the market and weighs 14 grams according to the manufacturer. However, despite the lightweight, the bike can handle heavy users without a problem. It’s made of high-grade stainless steel that is famed for its sturdiness and stability and will endure the rough surfaces, road vibrations, bangs and knocks pretty well. The wide handlebars are more comfortable than the normal type and are fairly wide for a better grip. This offers the rider better control and also prevents numb fingers or fatigue especially after a long ride. It features quality saddle for the best seating and is well padded for maximum comfort.
Why go for a hybrid bike:
The following are the reasons that drive people to purchase a hybrid bike:
- Versatility: As stated earlier, this bike combines the best of different bikes. It will have characteristics of a mountain, touring, road and other kinds of bike.
- Affordability: Buying a specific bike for different terrains or activities will cost more than buying one bike that can be used on the different terrains. A hybrid bicycle is ideal for most locations and will work as good as any other bike.
- Reliability: Due to their design and aim of fitting in varied situations, hybrid bikes are usually tougher than their counterparts. They will tolerate the harsh environments, handle heavy users, and provide good performance on any terrain.
- Comfortable: It has been noted that hybrid bicycles are more comfortable than a mountain, touring, or road bikes. They’ll come with bigger and better-padded seats, and the frame will also be very accommodative. The handlebars latter and longer and this enables the rider to feel more relaxed.
- Adaptable: Unlike other bikes, hybrid bikes are very adaptable. They will ride well on gravel, dirt, grass, sandy soil, rocky terrains, and other areas. This is one reason why the popularity of this bike has been rising.
- All-rounded: This type of bikes is designed for everyday use and will come with more features than a road, mountain or any other bikes. Most will include mudguards, rack mountings for improved functionality.
Due to their all-rounded nature and versatility, hybrid bicycles are fast becoming the in thing. People choose them because they are effective on different situations and perform just as good as the mountain or road bicycles. They are suitable for day-to-day use and come with more features for improved functionality. Hybrid bicycles are more comfortable, tougher, and offer better support than other bikes. Other reasons why people go for these bicycles include affordability, reliability, durability, and convenience. Choosing the best hybrid bicycle assures you of a good time riding.