Finding a ratchet wrench set is easier than it was some time back. In fact, you can simply order a piece online instead of visiting a brick-and-mortar store. However, this doesn’t mean that it is easy to find the best ratchet wrench set. Actually, it is much harder to differentiate the best from the average. This is because of the many products, lots of similarities, stiff competition, misinformation, and lack of know-how on how to go about comparing and singling out an item. Without the best information or following a good approach, you may easily waste your money on a bad product. You also don’t want to spend so much time comparing and researching the market. In this review, I will show you to pick a good piece and then, later on, list the best ratchet wrench sets in 2019.
Table of Contents
- List of Top Best Ratchet Wrench Sets in 2019
- #8 Apollo Tools DT1212 SAE 5-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set
- #7 Gearwrench 20-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set, Metric, and SAE, 35720
- #6 GearWrench 9412 Metric Ratcheting Wrench Set 12-Piece
- #5 EPAuto 40-Piece Reversible Richet with 1/4-Inch & 3/8-Inch Drive Socket
- #4 Stanley 92-839 Laser Etched Black Chrome Socket Set, 99-Piece
- #3 Craftsman Universal Mechanics Tool Set 56-Piece
- #2 Chromium Vanadium Steel Ratcheting Wrench Set, 22-Piece, SAE & Metric
- #1 Craftsman 20 Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set
- Choosing The Best Ratchet Wrench Sets:
List of Top Best Ratchet Wrench Sets in 2019
#8 Apollo Tools DT1212 SAE 5-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set
By: Apollo Tools
This ratchet wrench set is perfect for many applications and comes with a simple design. It is built from strong steel that lasts for a long time and has high tensile strength. The handle has a nice texture for a firm grip and doesn’t fade or lose color even after extended use. It is heat treated for extra start and longevity and chrome plated for extra appeal and protection from dust, corrosion, stains, oils, greases and the elements. The sturdy case provides a good storage point and also makes carrying the different pieces easy.
#7 Gearwrench 20-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set, Metric, and SAE, 35720
Loosening and tightening fasteners such as nuts and bolts are easy with this ratchet wrench set. It is manufactured from tough steel and can handle strains and pressure quite well. The unit compromises of both SAE and Metric measurements for easy reading and meets the minimum recommended standards by DIN, ANSI, and Federal. The fairly long handle provides a good reach and has a nice non-slip texture to prevent slippage while using. It also has a fine tooth ratchet for easy use and protecting the fasteners from stripping or damage. It features a polished finish for easy maintenance and extra beauty.
#6 GearWrench 9412 Metric Ratcheting Wrench Set 12-Piece
By: Apex Tool Group
Coming in a patented ratcheting mechanism, this wrench from GearWrench is unquestionably among the best ratchet wrenches in the current market. It is praised for the small ratcheting degree that makes it perfect for use even in small spaces. It works fairly fast and delivers good torque to loosen the stuck bolts, nuts, and other fasteners. Moreover, it has a nice grip that won’t slip during use or make your fingers numb or tired especial after continuous use. The ratcheting wrench will handle metric sizes beginning from 8 up to 19 mm and is very stronger. It won’t bend, crack, break or fade even after extensive use.
#5 EPAuto 40-Piece Reversible Richet with 1/4-Inch & 3/8-Inch Drive Socket
Comprising 40 different pieces, this ratchet wrench set is among the most versatile pieces in the market. It’s designed for light and heavy-duty applications and can be used anywhere including the home, office, workshop, and garage. The pieces are made from hardened chrome vanadium steel alloy and can tolerate knocks, falls, oils, bangs, impacts and more. It is chrome plated and has a mirror finish for better aesthetic appeal and a nice grip for speedy and safe use. The sturdily built case improves storage and transportation and is also resistant to breakage.
#4 Stanley 92-839 Laser Etched Black Chrome Socket Set, 99-Piece
This ratchet stretch set is one of the largest on the market and will handle different kinds of jobs well. It contains 99 different pieces, all made from heavy-duty steel. The pieces are coated with chrome for improved protection from abrasion, stains, oil, greases, rust, corrosion, fading and also the elements. The ratchet wrench has a practical design four easy use and delivers good torque to loosen stuck fasteners. It meets the ANSI standards and this should guarantee you of reliability and longevity.
#3 Craftsman Universal Mechanics Tool Set 56-Piece
This set contains 56 pieces to cater for most applications in the workshop, garage, home, office and other places… The pieces are made of strong and durable steel which has the good tensile strength to resist bending or breakage. The items are coated with black oxide to prevent corrosion, fading, rust, chipping and also to improve its look. The ratchet wrench has 45 teeth that provide a nice hold and move smoothly for the best performance. Attaching and changing the sockets is very easy thanks to the quick-release ratchet.
#2 Chromium Vanadium Steel Ratcheting Wrench Set, 22-Piece, SAE & Metric
Any handyman, craftsman, or tradesman will love this ratchet wrench set. It features 22 different pieces for fastening and loosening bolts, nuts, and other fasteners. The wrench has a simple design for easy use and has a perfect weight that won’t make your fingers too tired. It’s manufactured from durable and strong chromium vanadium steel and has a sleek and smooth finish for added beauty. Thanks to having Metric and SAE measurement, picking the right piece is easy. And for improved storage and carrying, these come with a handy tool roll-up bag.
#1 Craftsman 20 Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set
This universal styled ratchet wrench set is what you need in your workshop, garage or any other place. It is revered for its versatility and that makes it suitable for different jobs. The good torque and strength will easily loosen and tighten different fasteners. It has a nice grip to prevent slippage which may lead to striping the nuts or bolt head. The quick-release ratchet makes swapping the sockets easy whereas the small turning angle makes using it in tight angles easy.
Choosing The Best Ratchet Wrench Sets:
- Strength: The set should contain strong pieces made from tough materials such as vanadium steel, Chromoly steel which is known for their strength and durability.
- Sizes: It’s necessary to look at the sizes before buying a set. This will be determined by the need at hand. The more the pieces the better the set since it will handle different fittings and fasteners.
- Versatility: A good set will contain a T-handle wrench, mini stretch, heavy-duty, power wrench and many more. This makes it perfect for most needs.
- Measurement: The ratchet wrench measurements come in SAE or metric systems. The best types will feature both so as to suit different users.
- Comfort: Quality ratchet wrenches feature nice ergonomic handles for a better grip. They also feel smooth on the hand and won’t slip especially when using force or the hands are wet.
- Durability: Good ratchet wrenches are constructed from tough materials that are resistant to tear, war, abrasion, breakages, fading, cracking and other demanding effects.
- Price: You should first ascertain your budget before you purchase a unit. It’s not surprising to find a high-quality ratchet wrench that is competitively priced.
- Other: Other things that are important include the design/shape, maintenance ease, brand, weight, storage case, reliability.
There goes the brief summary of the Top 10 Best Ratchet Wretch Sets in 2019. To list them down, I needed to focus on the main factors which include quality, material, quantity, reliability, durability, storage, and price. Any of these tools will come handy whether at home, workshop, garage, office and other places. They are made from hardwearing and reliable materials to tolerate daily use, contain many pieces to suit different needs, are easy to use, and will work with a wide range of fittings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts. Choose the best ratchet wrench set for improved productivity, efficiency and maximum satisfaction.