You need the best shallow well jet pump to effectively pump water from a well into a storage tank. But which is the best in the market? This is the question that drove us to review different products on the market. The shallow pump is at times known as convertible jet pump and is placed outside the well housing, unlike the submersible type that is submerged in the water.
Over the years, all manner of items has found their way into the market. But, all are not the same. Some are excellent, others okay, whereas some are not worth mentioning. You only need to read this review to the end to own the top shallow well jet pumps in 2018.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 7 Best Shallow Well Jet Pumps in 2018
- #7 BurCam 506547SS SW Jet Pump & Tank, Stainless Steel Ml25H 3/4 hp, 115V/230V
- #6 Hallmark Industries MA0345X-9 SW Heavy-duty Jet Pump, 1HP, 115/230V
- #5 Goulds J5S 1/2 HP Shallow Well Jet Pump, 115/230 Volt
- #4 WAYNE SWS100 Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump, 1HP
- #3 Red Lion RJS-100-PREM Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump (602208)
- #2 Flotec FP4012-10 Shallow Well Pump Jet, 1/2 HP
- #1 WAYNE SWS50 Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump, 1/2 HP
- Tips For Finding The Best Shallow Well Jet Pump:
List of Top 7 Best Shallow Well Jet Pumps in 2018
#7 BurCam 506547SS SW Jet Pump & Tank, Stainless Steel Ml25H 3/4 hp, 115V/230V
This jet pump is designed for shallow wells and is installed outside the well housing. The dual voltage unit runs via 115V or 230V and can be used anywhere in the world. It is manufactured from durable tough stainless steel to handle the vibrations, outdoor environments, and the elements well. It has a 3 /4 HP motor for working in depths up to 25 feet and will pump water fairly fast. The pump includes a 7-gallon stainless steel tank for storing the water and is lightweight for improved mobility and handling.
#6 Hallmark Industries MA0345X-9 SW Heavy-duty Jet Pump, 1HP, 115/230V
By: Hallmark Industries
This jet pump can be used with many kinds of well. It’s made of stainless steel and features a strong 1HP motor with a suction head that works in depths of up to 33 feet. It runs via 115-230V and can be used anywhere in the world. The heavy-duty cast iron construction guarantees a user of optimum performance, reliability, and long-lasting performance. It pumps up to 24 gallons every minute and includes a pressure switch for safety, good performance, and efficiency. The motor is thermal protected and also includes a capacitor to extend its lifespan. Please note that this pump is designed for indoor applications only.
#5 Goulds J5S 1/2 HP Shallow Well Jet Pump, 115/230 Volt
By: Goulds Pump
This Goulds pump makes pumping water from a shallow well hassle free. It is perfect for different wells and has a 1 / 2 Hp motor that is powered by 115 /230V AC. The fairly small unit has good water flow thanks to the strong motor and good engineering. It is built from high-grade stainless steel to bear the vibrations, regular operations, and the water. It doesn’t rust or corrode over time and maintains its good performance for a long time. The robust pump has a built-in automatically resets to protect the pump.
#4 WAYNE SWS100 Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump, 1HP
The Wayne brand is mentioned when searching for the best shallow well jet pumps. The SWS100 is a top seller from the manufacturer and in the market and can be found in many homes. It is constructed from cast iron and comes in heavy-duty design to handle the daily demands. The item has a strong 1HP motor that can pump water from wells as deep as 25 feet. The accessory operates on dual voltage (120/240V) and is thus ideal anywhere in the world. It produces up to 630 gallons per hour and is quite fast for its size.
#3 Red Lion RJS-100-PREM Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump (602208)
By: Red Lion
This heavy-duty pump is made from tough cast iron and supports dual voltage (115/230V AC). It is fit for shallow wells with a maximum depth of 25 feet and boasts of a 1horsepower motor that delivers up to 23 gallons per minute. It is moderately quiet compared to other options and also among the simplest in design and easy to fit. The unit is resistant to corrosion and rust can be used on farms, homes, cabins and other places. The glass-filled thermoplastic diffuser, as well as impeller, improves the water flow and performance whereas the automatic shutoff minimizes overflow, wastage and overworking the motor.
#2 Flotec FP4012-10 Shallow Well Pump Jet, 1/2 HP
If you want superior performance, this well jet pump is what you need. It is built for shallow wells with a maximum depth of 25 feet. The unit is constructed from strong metal to tolerate the sandy water, vibrations, frequent use, bangs, and knocks. It has a maximum flow rate of 10GPM, which is fit for most day-to-day needs and has a fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic for protection against sandy water and corrosion. Also, it has a dustproof cover for added protection from insects, dust, dirt, and other things. It also helps to extend its usefulness and lifespan.
#1 WAYNE SWS50 Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump, 1/2 HP
Pumping water from a shallow well will be less challenging after installing the SWS50 jet pump by Wayne. It is constructed from tough cast iron to endure the operations and vibrations and features a strong 1/2 hp motor. The unit is dual powered (120/ 240V) and can be installed in any region in the world. The high-performance item operates at a pressure of 30-3 50psi and will pump as many as 420 gallons per minute. It has a pressure switch for automated operation and self-primes for improved efficiency and also to protect the head.
Tips For Finding The Best Shallow Well Jet Pump:
Although the well jet pumps appear same and work in a similar manner, they are very different. And without proper knowledge, you are likely to purchase a bad product. Before you spend your money on a pump, you should pay close attention to these things:
- Pump type: Usually convertible well jet pumps pump water from a depth of 0-90 feet. The shallow jet pump notably works in a depth of 0-25 feet.
- Well Depth: The deeper a well is the more powerful a pump should be. You should allow a margin in case the water level declines particularly in the dry season.
- Well casing diameter: The diameter of the well casing influences the kind of pump you will install. You should talk to a specialist if unsure of the diameter or the correct type.
- Horsepower (HP): The pumps are categorized in horsepower (HP). The higher the value the more powerful the pump and the deeper the distance it can handle.
- Installation ease: Fitting the pump can be hard if you lack the experience. Some pumps are more complex than others and will pose challenges. The rule of thumb is to pick the simplest type since it will also be easy to maintain and service.
- Other: Other important factors are the voltage, size, brand, price, future demands, and service and parts backup.
Pumping water from a well or underground water source is easy if you have the right pump. It will pump a good volume within a short time, is easy to operate, works with deferent types of wells, and is energy efficient. Furthermore, a good unit doesn’t break down easily or require too much maintenance. It’s made of quality materials and can withstand the vibrations, impacts, extended operation, and is energy efficient. Installing the pump is simple and so is running it. The above pieces are some of the best shallow well jet pumps in the market. You are therefore certain of reliable long-lasting service.